Author Topic: AutoCAD 2008  (Read 15493 times)

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: AutoCAD 2008
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2007, 11:04:19 AM »
paste this into you command line:

(help "acad_dev.chm" "vl-load-com")

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

hudster

• Gator
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2007, 11:56:58 AM »
COOL, so do i have to do that every time or just once?
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 12:55:48 PM »
Add (vl-load-com) to you acad\doc.lsp and then any routine that uses  vl-* functions will work fine.

...or add it to the top of that lisp routine.

Ron

Custom Build PC

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2007, 05:51:15 PM »
Might be some useful stuff to someone
The Lowdown on New Autodesk Software from Robert Green

Those who have 2008, has Autodesk programed an easer way to get to the Layer State Manager directly instead of going thru the Layer Dialog?
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2007, 06:02:16 PM »
One click good enough ?
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2007, 06:24:52 PM »
One click good enough ?

Woo Hoo. 

I am over on the the Heidi Hewet's site looking at screen shots and noticed they they added FREAKIN 4th way of getting to the Help files.
 :ugly: :pissed: :realmad: :x
I one my biggest gripes. 
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

BREZI

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2007, 07:35:26 AM »
Just got mine, it looks good.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2007, 04:46:18 PM »
I've encountered my first crash in 2008.  I have to give it the benefit of the doubt that it may have been a PEBKAC issue as I was pounding the escape key in a furious fit of rage which may have complicated the matters.

Anyways, this post is more to express my love for this new tweak that allowed me to remove the Viewports toolbar from my list of the very few toolbars I kept at the top of my screen.  I only had it there to set scale on my vports in a quick accessible manner... but now I can set scale AND lock all in a very similar region!!  The annotative scale doesn't apply to this office but I'm glad they used that blank real-estate on the bottom bar there for something usefull...

I'm now down to a single row of toolbars "Layers" "Properties" "Styles" and finally "View"

I'm happy :)

Josh Nieman

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2007, 05:43:45 PM »
oh, and I've been doing this often since I installed 2008, but just realized that it's new since 2007...  well recycled, not new.

In 2007 they took away the ability for you to move a 3d solid by using a point on itself as the destination point.  Meaning, if you select "move" pick the object, and say you pick the left corner of a box as the base point, you couldn't pick the right corner, because the box is dynamically moving with your cursor... it didn't leave a "ghost silhouette" behind that you can snap to.  Now 2008 has reverted to the original way, which makes me super-dee-duper-happy.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2007, 12:31:39 PM »
Ok, so I'm having a little trouble here... not sure what's going on.

I have FIELDEVAL set to 17, which includes fields updating during a REGEN.

I have an xref'd title block with a field in it for the sheet description set to the "CTAB" sysvar, and the xref'd TB itself in the source file is in model space. I xref that into paperspace.

Now... in 2007 when I set this up, it worked flawlessly. Now in 2008 I find that if I change anything that causes ANY of the fields in the TB to change, they display results as if I had xref'd the TB into model space... as in the "CTAB" sysvar field displays the value "MODEL"

I've found a workaround in that if I do a REFEDIT on the xref'd TB in paperspace, do a regen, then exit with or without saving changes... it maintains the correct setting, including the actual value of the CTAB variable.

Has anyone else noticed odd or unexpected behavior... or am I not thinking of something?

Josh Nieman

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 12:32:16 PM »
If it is of any concern... Shaan Hurley's MDIwhatever.arx file for multiple drawing tabs works in 2008 as well.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2007, 06:36:44 PM »
hey josh i just wanted to say thanks for sticking up for me (i think) over in the autodesk forums. i posted a wish list and some guy started personally attack my autocad knowledge, nice. I was going over there to ask questions about 2008 as not alot of people are playing with it here and maaaan i wanna come running back to the swamp.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2007, 11:28:05 AM »
Ok, so I'm having a little trouble here... not sure what's going on.

I have FIELDEVAL set to 17, which includes fields updating during a REGEN.

I have an xref'd title block with a field in it for the sheet description set to the "CTAB" sysvar, and the xref'd TB itself in the source file is in model space. I xref that into paperspace.

Now... in 2007 when I set this up, it worked flawlessly. Now in 2008 I find that if I change anything that causes ANY of the fields in the TB to change, they display results as if I had xref'd the TB into model space... as in the "CTAB" sysvar field displays the value "MODEL"

I've found a workaround in that if I do a REFEDIT on the xref'd TB in paperspace, do a regen, then exit with or without saving changes... it maintains the correct setting, including the actual value of the CTAB variable.

Has anyone else noticed odd or unexpected behavior... or am I not thinking of something?

Has anyone else been having this problem with AutoCAD 2008? It seems that all of my (getvar 'ctab) fields in my titleblocks do not update (regardless of FIELDEVAL settings). Whichever is the current tab when the drawing is opened, the rest of the tabs display that tab name.

Ron

Custom Build PC

Josh Nieman

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2007, 11:43:30 AM »
hey josh i just wanted to say thanks for sticking up for me (i think) over in the autodesk forums. i posted a wish list and some guy started personally attack my autocad knowledge, nice. I was going over there to ask questions about 2008 as not alot of people are playing with it here and maaaan i wanna come running back to the swamp.

gahhhhhh yea It's ABSURD the way some people act over there... I mean... I can't fathom what motivates some of those people to act in the manner they do.

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2007, 12:59:17 PM »
Has anyone else been having this problem with AutoCAD 2008? It seems that all of my (getvar 'ctab) fields in my titleblocks do not update (regardless of FIELDEVAL settings). Whichever is the current tab when the drawing is opened, the rest of the tabs display that tab name.

Ron
Is the TB being referenced in?  Is it Text, MText, Attribute??!?  I'd like to try to recreate the issue here because we use fields quite a bit in our Tb's - xref them in.