Author Topic: XREF-insert units  (Read 4416 times)

Gliderider

XREF-insert units
« on: March 19, 2007, 12:53:01 PM »
Using 2006 vanilla

The drawing I am trying to insert an xref into has units set to decimal, insunits = 2 (feet), insunitsdefsource = 2, insunisdetarget = 2. The source drawing has all the same settings (it was drawn in feet, not feet and inches). When I try to xref the source drawing it comes in at 1/12 the proper scale; the info in the External Reference dialog box's Block Unit section lists Unit = Inches and the Factor as 0.0833. I understand that is why the xref is coming in at the improper scale, but how do I change it? Am I missing a sysvar?

I also notice that the Insert dialog box (for blocks, not xrefs) displays the proper unit and factor (feet and 1.000) in the Block Unit section. Is there a specific sysvar for the insertion units of xrefs only? Also, when I copy/paste from ! drawing to another, the units are proper.

Has anyone ever seen the "Block Unit" section in the External Reference dialog box differ from the one in the Insert dialog box?

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: XREF-insert units
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 01:08:21 PM »
Try changing INSUNITS to 0.  This variable is saved per drawing.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

Gliderider

Re: XREF-insert units
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 01:19:09 PM »
Try changing INSUNITS to 0.  This variable is saved per drawing.

Tried that... still got Inches as units in the Block Unit section.
But it's a moot point now, when I came back from lunch it fixed itself. Go figure....prior to lunch I restarted acad- nfg; rebooted- nfg. Went to lunch and the autocad fairie came and fixed it...

Thx