Author Topic: SSM - Sheet List Table  (Read 1865 times)

SSM - Sheet List Table
« on: January 04, 2007, 02:00:26 PM »
I'm finally starting to get my feet wet with the Sheet Set Manager - and like McDonald's I'm loving it!!

Anywho....I've got a handful of subsets set up and was wondering if there's a way to make a subset exempt from the sheet list table?  For instance, I've got subsets of my plan drawings and a subset of the xrefs.  I don't want the xrefs to show up in the sheet list table.  Can this be done - without having to delete the unwanted sheets from the table afterwards?  It makes updating the table all the more difficult.

daron

Re: SSM - Sheet List Table
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 06:30:03 PM »
Sheet sets are easy to figure out, but that project manager thingy is kickin' my butt. Anyone want to draw up a tutorial/article on that?

daron

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 06:30:59 PM »
Sorry, as to your questions on it, I think that's where Project Manager comes into play. I'm just not sure.

LE

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 10:04:30 PM »
Sheet sets are easy to figure out, but that project manager thingy is kickin' my . Anyone want to draw up a tutorial/article on that?

I'm guessing that you are talking about ADT stuff no?.... no idea of what that it is.... :)

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 08:24:14 AM »
Sheet sets are easy to figure out, but that project manager thingy is kickin' my . Anyone want to draw up a tutorial/article on that?

I'm guessing that you are talking about ADT stuff no?.... no idea of what that it is.... :)
ADT, ABS, LEM (Land Enabled Map) stuff.

Is there a project manager for LEM??

Dinosaur

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 08:42:30 AM »
. . . Is there a project manager for LEM??
Not for MAP . . . only with Land Desktop where it MUST be used.  There is a sysvar "projectname" in autocad, but I have not used it.

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 09:05:21 AM »
You're referring to this (see image) and NOT something related to the SSM, correct?  Just want to make sure we're on the same page here.

Dinosaur

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 09:23:00 AM »
That looks like the Land Desktop project manager interface (I haven't seen 2006 or 2007 versons so I am not sure).  MAP should work just like regular AutoCAD with or without the optional open dialog box on startup.  I preferred to use MAP for any editing sessions that did not need to access LDT functions.  We only tried 1 or 2 times to use SSM.  I don't remember any manager function for it - just a list of drawings and tabs to be plotted.

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 09:46:29 AM »
When you use MAP to do edits, have you ever run into a situation where LDT "takes over" after opening a drawing?  I've run into that a few times here; I click on the OPEN button and the Project based dialog box opens.  Is there a way to stop that from happening while working in MAP?

Dinosaur

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 10:22:27 AM »
sniff sniff . . . ah, the smell of corruption in the air!  This is the first I have heard of that happening with 2007 products.  Prior to 2006 you could fix this problem by doing tricks with your *.arg files but I think those went away when the cui files came along.  This happens sometimes from executing Land Desktop commands while MAP is open.  I am not sure of the exact trigger for it, so I just avoided running MAP and LDT at the same time.

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 10:30:46 AM »
...so I just avoided running MAP and LDT at the same time.
I think that's when it happened; I had LDT and LEM both up and running.  I've been running just LEM today and so far everything has been fine; just that one time yesterday - but then again, I'm just starting to really use LEM instead of LDT for simple, basic stuff.

And as for my original problem (the reason for this post), I posted in the ACAD NG as well and a suggestion I received was to remove my xref subset and add a reference location to the Model Views tab (2007), Resource Drawings tab (2006).  I can still access the xref files but they won't show up in the Sheet List.  This seems to work for what I need.

sinc

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 06:58:26 PM »
I'm finally starting to get my feet wet with the Sheet Set Manager - and like McDonald's I'm loving it!!

Anywho....I've got a handful of subsets set up and was wondering if there's a way to make a subset exempt from the sheet list table?  For instance, I've got subsets of my plan drawings and a subset of the xrefs.  I don't want the xrefs to show up in the sheet list table.  Can this be done - without having to delete the unwanted sheets from the table afterwards?  It makes updating the table all the more difficult.

Why do you have your XREFs in a subset in your SSM?

The sheets in the SSM should only be the sheets in your drawing set, i.e. your "plot" drawings and layouts, not your "model" drawings.  Basically, 1 page in SSM = 1 printed page in your final plan set.

The SSM is not intended for PM, and is not really intended to manage your model files, except with respect to the Views.  But the View management is not really intended to help manage your model drawings.  Again, we're back to the same old boat where Vanilla Autocad desperately needs full-fledged PM support added to it, and then the SSM should be integrated with the PM support.  But it may be a long, long time before Autodesk does that...  They're hooked on this "Vault" thing.