Author Topic: Problem with layers & color?  (Read 1214 times)

rktect3j

Problem with layers & color?
« on: May 16, 2006, 09:09:03 AM »
I am using autocad 2002.  Several years ago my boss had me set up our plot routine so that we use about 10 colors.  All of these 10 colors plot black.  All of my blocks use these 10 colors.  He decided that today he wanted my electrical layout to print in color.  Just for one meeting.  My conduit is color yellow my tags are magenta and the symbols are yellow.  Using 5 seperate layers.  A lot of other items/layers on my drawings use these two colors.  So, is there any way to print these 5 layers that represent my electrical layout in color without making all layers using those same two colors print in color?  I could reassign all my electrical symbols new color #123 or something, then explode all my blocks and change the plot routine #123 to print in my desired color but I don't feel this is going to do me any good after we want to then print them in black later.  Any thoughts?

CADaver

Re: Problem with layers & color?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 09:15:22 AM »
With an STB you can assign plot style colors to each layer independently of the layer color irself.

rktect3j

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 09:37:45 AM »
With an STB you can assign plot style colors to each layer independently of the layer color irself.
Should I post the expected response?  STD?  What?  I didn't get that.   :-D  What is an STB and can I use it in conjunction with my existing plot routine?  I'll go look it up in my acad users manual which is so informative.  Thanks.

rktect3j

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 09:45:51 AM »
All right.  Page 562 Switch the type of plot style table.  I'll give it a shot.  Thanks.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 09:49:46 AM »
you will have to make a stb file for the layers you want to plot in color.  Each style will have a name.  Let the default Normal be your black, and go from there.  Maybe let TEXT be color red or what ever.  Let me know if you need help
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)