Author Topic: CADalog back up?  (Read 8033 times)

hendie

CADalog back up?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2004, 03:28:29 PM »
I don't have the time to get into too much detail at the moment, so hopefully someone else can take over where I leave off.
First off ~ resourcecad is_not_meant_in_any_way as competition to theswamp ~ it never was and it never will be. Resourcecad is a totally different ethos to theswamp and is intended for a "different" market. ~ Don't judge a book by it's cover !
Theswamp is here to stay and I for one, do not see it going away. I think it has become one, if not the most valuable resource around for (v)lispers. nah, on second thoughts, it is the best site for vlispers. am I a traitor because I visit other sites ? I'll leave that up to you to decide.

there would not be a resourcecad if it were not for theswamp. indeed, all the founding members of resourcecad are long time swamp members. and all the initial discussions took place in theswamp with Marks full knowledge. nothing here has been done underhand or in any way behind anyones back.

there wasn't meant to be an "official" announcement for a week or so but when we found our way into cadalog, we thought it would be a good way to announce to everyone about the swamps existence if they hadn't already migrated here before. and since we didn't know how long we would have before we were locked out of cadalog, we also took the opportunity to announce Resourcecad at the same time.
that e-mail went out out to nearly 800 people ~ we weren't going to pass up that chance to get the name mentioned. if it's upset some of you I'm sorry and I'll take full responsibility.
but just don't immediately jump to the conclusion that resourcecad is in any way trying to "nick" members from theswamp, or is in any way a threat to the community here.

M-dub

CADalog back up?
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2004, 03:51:50 PM »
It had absolutley no impact on me.  If I ever have a problem that can't get solved here, I'll know where else to try now.  One thing I CAN say about this place is that I've never had BAD advice given to me. :)

Will it be possible to seach through the old Cadalog forums?

craigr

CADalog back up?
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2004, 05:36:12 PM »
Wow Hendie!

I didn't mean to start anything bad. My post was meant as a compliment to 'the swamp' than anything else. No 'hidden' meaning intended.

I'm sure no one would think that anything other than good intentions are under way here.

NO ONE is a 'traiter' if they go somewhere else than here. (We aren't married to each other). I simply choose this group because all of you seem like the 'buddy down the street' that I run to if I need an answer to a question. If my 'buddy down the street' doesn't have the answer, then I run to a different 'buddy down the street' and ask him. The first guy isn't going to get upset over that, and I would think that it is the same here.

Again, I didn't mean to start anything negative with my previous, (or current), post.

craigr

daron

CADalog back up?
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2004, 05:39:00 PM »
Don't forget to mention Hendie that the resourcecad venture was not just known by Mark, but initiated by Mark.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
CADalog back up?
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2004, 06:26:30 PM »
Quote from: Daron
Don't forget to mention Hendie that the resourcecad venture was not just known by Mark, but initiated by Mark.

Really! dang I don't remember it that way.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Craig

CADalog back up?
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2004, 09:55:34 PM »
Quote from: Mark Thomas

I do!!! I think Mark said "Let's make a CAD site so I can make more money so I can pay to have my cables in my backyard buried deeper!"  :lol:

Dent Cermak

CADalog back up?
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2004, 10:21:35 PM »
Seems like he said something about wanting a backhoe with a 20 foot boom. I may be wrong on the lenght, but I remember that a hoe was involved.

hendie

CADalog back up?
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2004, 03:20:02 AM »
My apologies if my post sounded like a rant ~ it wasn't meant that way (it was late in the evening and my 3 yr old daughter was pushing me to let her on the computer !)

I just wanted to clear up a few points. Some of the newer members here, and indeed, some of the "more seasoned" members may not have been aware of the resourcecad venture and may have mistaken the e-mail we sent out (from cadalog) as a sneaky trick by imsi or whatever they're called, to try and get members for a new forum of theirs.
it was simply that the opportunity presented itself and we took advantage of it while it was there. sorry for any confusion caused. ~ again, my previous post was not meant as a rant ~ just trying to clarify things a bit.

daron

CADalog back up?
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2004, 08:25:40 AM »
Quote from: Mark Thomas
Quote from: Daron

Is this enough to jog your memory?
Pool Our Resources

hendie

CADalog back up?
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2004, 08:27:59 AM »
:crazy:

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
CADalog back up?
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2004, 08:47:39 AM »
>Is this enough to jog your memory?
indeed it is Daron.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

daron

CADalog back up?
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2004, 08:51:10 AM »
Thought so.

VerticalMojo

CADalog back up?
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2004, 10:56:49 AM »
You got served Mark!!!! LMAO :lol:

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
CADalog back up?
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2004, 10:58:50 AM »
Argh ... its all coming back to me now.....
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

daron

CADalog back up?
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2004, 02:10:26 PM »
Quote from: VerticalMojo
You got served Mark!!!! LMAO :lol:

I live to serve.