Author Topic: voice recognition?  (Read 6743 times)

CADaver

Re: voice recognition?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 06:20:47 AM »
Yes typing is faster if you have decent finger mobility.  However, VR is a lot faster than typing with one finger.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 03:16:42 PM »
well my naturally speaking 8 preferred just arrived. i haven't really looked at it yet. can this software be used to mimick the keyboard. say i want to draw a line i'd say L enter blah blah blah just curious...

CADaver

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2005, 09:25:52 PM »
YEs, it will mimic the keyboard or any other entry you wish, you just have to teach it the commands.

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 12:17:19 AM »
You'll want to keep that far. far away from the mad cow.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

CADaver

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 06:26:05 AM »
Well that's the neat part.  You can teach it to type "fantastic" everytime you say "bull$%&#".

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2005, 01:30:02 PM »
i was wondering about background talking and how to get it to only pick up what i say and not others in the room. my office is fairly quiet but still some talking? i got a headset with mic. i also have another mic but not sure if it would be suitable. should i plug this into mic input. what about usb mics?

CADaver

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2005, 06:30:44 AM »
I use a VXI TalkPro-USB headset mic and so far background noise is not a problem.  I have several libraries setup for specific functions, one for Word, one for AutoCAD, one for excell, and so on.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2005, 12:25:16 PM »
cool randy i may be asking you some more questions about this as i begin to set it up, too busy right now. thanks

Bob Wahr

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2005, 03:28:19 PM »
i was wondering about background talking and how to get it to only pick up what i say and not others in the room. my office is fairly quiet but still some talking? i got a headset with mic. i also have another mic but not sure if it would be suitable. should i plug this into mic input. what about usb mics?
It will be much less quiet once you start talk-typing.  Hope it doesn't catch on in your office.

deegeecees

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2005, 06:10:33 PM »
The headset mic would probably be the best choice, as it will allow you to hear the audio abovethe rest of the background noise, and is probably a tighter proximity which should keep the rest of the office from mixing with your voice. As for where to plug, on the back of your coomputer, there should be a 1/8" analog jack that has a picture of a mic on it. Plug it in there. As far as USB mics, I have personally never used them as I do alot of recording with analog input.

PDJ

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2005, 07:36:00 PM »
I just don't think I can sit there and talk to my computer any more than I already do.  They already think there's a couple of fruit loops missing from the box.. Ya know, my elevator doesn't stop at all the floors??  That type of thing.

Dinosaur

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2005, 07:48:14 PM »
Geezers like me should be wary of using this software.  I could be sitting there working my jaws into a cramp on a deadline and the boss would just figure I had finally lost it completely and had spent the day talking to myself.

deegeecees

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2005, 01:22:09 PM »
Ya know, my elevator doesn't stop at all the floors??

One fry short of a happy meal.

PDJ

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2005, 07:08:21 PM »
mmmmMMMmmmm.. Happy meal..

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2005, 11:45:58 PM »
what arrive when somebody has the flu?
Keep smile...