Author Topic: Plot & Dim Scales  (Read 1087 times)

M-dub

Plot & Dim Scales
« on: July 11, 2006, 09:48:56 AM »
Stupid question:
What is the relationship between the Plot and Dim scales?

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: Plot & Dim Scales
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 09:51:52 AM »
could be the same, or very different.  Depends on how you plot.  Dimscale is a multiplier that gets applied to all of the relevent dim vars to "scale" up the graphics so when you plot, they are scaled back down to the correct size
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 09:53:55 AM »
But the bigger issue is how do you plot?  If from paper space, you are probable plotting 1:1 which is probably not your dimscale.  Thats where viewport scaling comes into play.  Typically, your viewport scale is the same as your dimscale (inverse porportional).  Does that make any sense?
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

M-dub

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 09:54:33 AM »
Ok, that's what I thought.

Time to get back on the phone with this surveyor...

:roll:

Thanks, Duh :)

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 09:55:29 AM »
Beware, he may be using 1 inch equals XX feet, and you might be expecting 1 inch = xx INCHES.  you have a factor of 12 that might be giving you fits