Author Topic: Civil 3D 2007 - Bugs, Chugs and Things That Make You go 'ARGH'  (Read 11132 times)

Lin-Z

Re: Civil 3D 2007 - Bugs, Chugs and Things That Make You go 'ARGH'
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 03:50:26 PM »
Ok, sorry this took so long.  I appreciate your putting up with meeee.... I mean "helping"  :-) a whole lot by the way

So here's the situation so far:

The macros are working... on all other computers
In the comp that's being persnickety VBALOAD says it's loaded, but it's nowhere to be found in VBARUN

Am I just missing a huge step here? or is this odd behavior?

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 05:50:57 PM »
No, that is definitely odd behavior. After some quick searching my archives I found this problem reported just one other time......this was their solution:
The macro starts from a Module and then calls a form. The codes in the module are deleted. Don't know why and how.   It was solved by copying back the backup macro.
Is something like this possible? What displays when you type VBAIDE? It should show you the code......

Lin-Z

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 10:00:52 AM »
The macro can be loaded and then doesn't show up on VBARUN and VBAIDE is blank.  But when the drawing's opened on another comp even without loading the macro the entire script can be seen in VBAIDE.

This comp has had numerous reinstalls and repairs; could this be a system screw up?

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 03:30:06 PM »
Sounds like this is an embedded macro into the drawing and macros have been disabled on that computer to prohibit viruses.

I'm drawing a blank here on how to change that setting.......OK, Type VBARUN, go to OPTIONS, uncheck the box that says "Enable Macro Virus protection". The next time a drawing is opened a dialog will come up asking to disable,enable or do not load, uncheck the box that says "show this dialog next time" (or something close to that) then select Enable Macros.

That should do it.....

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 04:29:30 PM »
 Have you thought of.....?

Lin-Z

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 05:48:18 PM »
Ok, the acvba.arx file is listed in appload but is all greyed out.  Should I try reloading?

Lin-Z

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 06:03:23 PM »
Was just coming back here to say that it won't let me do diddly  :-)

We've done so many clean installs that I'm afraid to reccomend another  :-(

Lin-Z

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 06:38:38 PM »
Just found 2 more computers that are doing the same (I'm afraid to check the 5 others in my office that have C3D/LDT 2007 loaded).  Would this count as a major AD oversight/screwup? 'Cause I'm about ready to take Maverick's advice and that's never a good sign

Lin-Z

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 06:55:34 PM »
OK, none of the civil software will keep a macro loaded, but my architectural will.  Can I take files from one to replace the faulty in another?  *prepares to put on mad scientist hat*

Dinosaur

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 08:27:36 AM »
You said earlier that macros were working on all other computers and now all of the civil app boxes are having the same problem as the first . . . Did something new get installed on all of those machines recently that may be causing this behavior?  Are they possibly networked and referencing a common application, routine or some data source that may be corrupted?

EDIT

One other thought . . . is 2006 still on the computers in question?  If so, you may try temporarily renaming ALL of the 2006 folders to get them out of any search path.  Civil 3D tends to hard code paths for lots of things.  I had to do this to get my 2005 projects to load in 2006 correctly because the assemblies had the old path embedded.  Once the program could not find the 2005 folders it went on to the 2006 files that were compatible.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 09:48:47 AM by DinØsaur »

Lin-Z

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 10:16:45 AM »
You said earlier that macros were working on all other computers and now all of the civil app boxes are having the same problem as the first . . .

Sorry was kind of hurried.  Clarification:  In his office, all but one are working.  The new malfunctioning comps are in my office.  If these problems weren't so spacey and followed a more discernable pattern I don't think I'd be so flabbergasted... hopefully  :-)

Dinosaur

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 10:27:28 AM »
Civil 3D will do that to you . . . I would still take a look for some kind of embedded path for the VBA app.  Those assemblies that dealt me fits were full of VBA stuff that was not completely compatible between 2k5 and 2k6 and the same may be true for these two versions.

Lin-Z

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2006, 01:06:31 PM »
I'm taking a teeny break from the situation to see if new ideas will come.  A tech request has been put in with AD, so I'll see how that goes.  Thanx, everyone, for all the help, to.  You're suggestions have kept me sane (well, as sane as I was before  :evil: ) thru all of this and I really appreciate it.

Dinosaur

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 01:49:29 PM »
I can't find anyone else that will admit to having this issue.  The only suggestion I got from anyone was to check your computer components for something that may be failing or that is outside of or pushing minimum specs.  I don't know if that means memory or what, but it does take a very robust machine to handle this program so I am passing the suggestion along.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 09:08:30 AM »
I wish Lin-z would contact me directly on this so that we could further diagnose and solve this issue.

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/