Author Topic: 1" J-Channel Lisp Routine  (Read 6363 times)

One Shot

1" J-Channel Lisp Routine
« on: March 09, 2006, 04:52:53 PM »
I am looking for a lisp routine to create a 1" J-Channel. It should have the option to leave it open or closed. A close situation would be starting and working around the window and closing where you started. The open situation would be started at one location and end at another. It should work with radiuses and multiple point locations. Would like the outer line be magenta and the inside line be green. the linetype should be by block and layer should be layer 0. I would like to have the block be named and sent to a specific folder that I can edit the location in the lisp. The block name would read like the following:

JC-(WIDTH x HEIGHT).dwg

if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you,

Brad

Bob Wahr

Re: 1" J-Channel Lisp Routine
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 04:56:16 PM »
How much are you looking to spend?

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 05:07:18 PM »
And most customisers would need a little better specification.
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

One Shot

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 06:00:09 PM »
How much are you looking to spend?
I am welling to pay in appreciation and gratitude for your time and experience!  I hope that you can agree to my payment method.

Thank you,

Brad

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 06:22:16 PM »
Sure... I'll get back to you. 1st, let me check if; when I have to pay the rent or a bill, they accept appreciation and gratitude. :evil:

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 06:27:41 PM »
Hopefully One Shot, you have a sense of humour.
It is certainly not my intention to be on the wrong side of a former Marine. :laugh:

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 06:47:12 PM »
Hopefully One Shot, you have a sense of humour.
It is certainly not my intention to be on the wrong side of a former Marine. :laugh:
Look at his sig,
Semper Fi!!!
Once a Marine, Always a Marine!
AutoCAD / ADT 2005
You might be in trouble still.   :-)
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 06:52:03 PM »
You might be in trouble still.

Alea Jacta Est!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 07:14:10 PM by Serge J. Gianolla »

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 06:56:15 PM »
Ex Marine or not, it's a little tiring that almost all of One Shot's posts include the words "I want" or "I need".

Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 06:56:57 PM »
The really sad thing is that someone probably will.  If you were trying to do it yourself and asking for help, it would be one thing, if you were in a bind but usually tried to do it/learn, it would be another but you don't.  You post looking for someone to write custom applications for you for free and I take exception to that.

LE

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 07:12:36 PM »
I will mention the following:

Not related at all... by answering similar comments like the previous ones, I noticed that I have been putting apart.... that's the impression I got... to bad, so in the future I not even going to make any comment referring to any person at all, good or bad... I will simple will be focus on programming.

Have fun.

One Shot

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 07:22:14 PM »
Gentlemen,

I am sorry if I ask a lot of you guys.  I hope that I did not affend you guys.  I have been trying to learn it on when I can. The items that I asked are at a spur of the moment.  The reason I asked is that it might take me a few days to get one done while it may take you guys 10 to 15 minutes to do.  I promise that I will work hard on learning lisp in the future and I will ask you guys as a last resort.

Thank you,

Brad

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 07:22:45 PM »
I asked for a better specification.

The question was ignored.... but I'm getting used to that (NOT)

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 07:23:04 PM »
Luis, the problem is not so much in what is said, but more in how it is said. When it is obvious that one is mucking around it takes the venom out of it. I have to admit though that it is not always easy to put across with written words. In verbal comments, face to face situations there are the mannerism + the other non-verbal clues associated with discussion, no such luck when posting comments, even the emoticons are not enough!

Bob Wahr

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 07:27:22 PM »
Did I come off as mucking around?  If so, it was purely unintentional I assure you.

One Shot

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 07:41:57 PM »
I asked for a better specification.

The question was ignored.... but I'm getting used to that (NOT)

Kerry,

I am sorry!  I was not ignoring you.  I was trying to come up with a better specification.  The best way for me to give you a better specific is to post a dwg file. 

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 07:50:08 PM »
What is it made from ?
Are the corners really Square as you show. ?
Is the wall aways 1" thick ?
Do you only want the Sections ?
What are the dimensional constraints ?

How many stock sizes, or are they custom ?

How do you currently draw them ?

My first impression is that they will take about 30-60 seconds each to draw by hand.

.. what do you imagine the savings involved in a program will be ?

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2006, 08:05:08 PM »
While waiting for you to respond, and considering the quantum of profiles, I've decided how I would do it.

Set up a basic drawing for each shape/profile, with the dimensions of say 10" X 10"

Each time you want a NEW profile, open the template, stretch the profile, SAve_As whatever ... Done.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2006, 08:26:34 PM »
Looking at the drawing all I see is an offset polyline and the "open" example just returns to the endpoints of the original polyline.
If the window is a closed or at least a single polyline then an offset can be done after the user selects the polyline.
You can offset to both sides & delete the one with the shortest length. If the original is an open polyline the add segments to the remaining new poly line to the end points of the original polyline.
What's so tough about Brad? Or did I miss something in the description. I think with a little help you could put that lisp together.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

One Shot

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2006, 09:24:30 PM »
Looking at the drawing all I see is an offset polyline and the "open" example just returns to the endpoints of the original polyline.
If the window is a closed or at least a single polyline then an offset can be done after the user selects the polyline.
You can offset to both sides & delete the one with the shortest length. If the original is an open polyline the add segments to the remaining new poly line to the end points of the original polyline.
What's so tough about Brad? Or did I miss something in the description. I think with a little help you could put that lisp together.

CAB, it is not tough.  While I was driving home and I realized that this would very simple to do.  I was overly thinking about it.  I made it more difficult than it really was.  Tomorrow I will see if I can get that together.  I now realize that you have to step away from it for a while to gather your thought and have a clear mind.

To everyone that replied t othis post.  I am really sorry for getting you guys upset.

Thank you,

Brad

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2006, 09:33:47 PM »
< ... >  I now realize that you have to step away from it for a while to gather your thought and have a clear mind.

To everyone that replied to this post.  I am really sorry for getting you guys upset.

Thank you,

Brad

Thats all it usually takes Brad. ... or grabbing a notebook and writing a list of requirements/specifications.

Didn't upset me, you'd have known if you had ... but it would be good for your own problem solving to try to answer some questions a little more frequently.

One Shot

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2006, 09:35:00 PM »
Okay!  I will do that!

Thank you,

Brad