Author Topic: Add blocks to Tool Palettes  (Read 7014 times)

One Shot

Add blocks to Tool Palettes
« on: February 27, 2006, 03:55:15 PM »
How do you add blocks to Tool Palettes?

Thank you,

Brad

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: Add blocks to Tool Palettes
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 03:57:54 PM »
insert into a source dwg, save, drag and drop on pallet
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

One Shot

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 04:05:30 PM »
I have tried to take a dwg file and drag and drop but there is no image showing in the Tool Palette. 

Thank you,

Brad

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 04:20:13 PM »
what i do is open a "symbol" file from my network.  Insert the block there.  Save that dwg. drag the block i just inserted onto the pallet.  Does that work?
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 04:20:51 PM »
the network file is just so every one here uses same files.  It could be local to your machine.

One Shot

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 04:36:19 PM »
what i do is open a "symbol" file from my network.  Insert the block there.  Save that dwg. drag the block i just inserted onto the pallet.  Does that work?

I still cannot see an image.

thank you,

Brad

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 07:53:32 PM »
Try opening the design centre, go to the drawing that contains the block def and drag it from the design centre to your palette. Drag and drop is the easiest way to add items to your palettes, experiment and you'll get it to work ;)
hth.
"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
J.R.R. Tolkien

CottageCGirl

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 08:53:22 AM »
I spent some time trying to put my blocks onto pallets, but since my blocks are made up of many small items, you could not tell the difference by the image on the pallet, so we have continued to use the custom pull down menus, has there been any headway on customizing the images?

ryandk

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 12:10:04 PM »
You can create any image you would like and use it as the icon.  Select the tool, right-click, properties.  There will be an image on that dialog box.  Right-click, just browse and select.