Author Topic: (C3d) Surface Label..Wrong Surface (Help)  (Read 2547 times)

DanB

• Bull Frog
(C3d) Surface Label..Wrong Surface (Help)
« on: January 30, 2006, 03:14:13 PM »
Need Help!

Drawing contains surface labels that data reference the wrong surface in the wrong drawing. Is it possible to point the surface labels to the correct drawing with the correct surface??? Or move labels to new drawing that links to correct surface?? Or any other suggestions?? Any thing that might safe us from redoing these labels (large quantity).

Thanks,
Dan

Dinosaur

Re: (C3d) Surface Label..Wrong Surface (Help)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 07:10:18 PM »
Do you have a different surface somewhere in your project with the same name?  If the surface is linked from a different drawing in the project you may find in the surface folder under data shortcuts two files with the same name.  If that has happened you should see the path to each drawing in the tooltips.  Hopefully that Will tell you at least which surface to reference.  You can find the actual xml files in you projects folder and change their names there to reduce confusion in the future.

If you get that straightened out, I am afraid you will have to do the labels again - the little lines that position a label are for one use only, sorry I don't have better news.

DanB

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 11:59:39 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. We have gone to re labeling the correct surface at this time, always a time issue at hand.

You mention being able to change/modify the associated xml files, have you had success with that? A co-worker says he was able to modify the file but the results were broken links or continued links to the wrong drawing+surface, therefore unsuccessful.

Dinosaur

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 12:54:26 PM »
To do anything in the xml files, you have to not only change names but also edit them with MS Access.  You have to make sure every path reference is corrected - note - ALL of the path fields reference the full path so it can be very easy to make a mistake.  I am still debating if it is easier to just recreate the references.