Author Topic: ACAD 2006 - starting with Drawing1  (Read 5781 times)

Dr. After

Re: Probably an easy question...
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »
nincompoop I am....  :ugly:
I thought I had tried that in the past to find out it was that useless on-line GUI that was in 2002.  As it turns out, the Startup dialog box is exactly was I was searching for.

Like I said...  easy question.  Hopefully that was my stupid question of there year...  :roll:

deegeecees

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 11:38:50 AM »
But maybe not. I hate the intro screen that came with 2002, but now in 2006, I am stuck with it opening a blank drawing everytime I open AutoCAD. Then I have to close that one and then open the one I was wanting. Is there any way to have AutoCAD prompt me for what drawing I want to start in?

From AutoCAD Developer Help:
The /nologo switch starts AutoCAD without first displaying the logo screen.

I think that will solve the annoying intro screen. It does in 02' and 04', not sure about 06'.

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2006, 08:09:59 AM »
Ok.  I got it now.  We only use one version of AutoCAD with no verticals, so that never really occurred to me.  However, you could address that by doing the following:

1) Open an explorer window.
2) From the pulldowns, select Tools->Folder Options
3) Select the File Types tab
4) Scroll down till you find the DWG file type, and select it
5) Click the Advanced button
6) Add new actions to open DWG files with the desired programs

Then, when you right-click a DWG file in explorer, you will have options in your context menu to open it in whichever program you desire.

Chuck,....

The problem with that is :

AutoCAD is not anough intelligent to detect what version of AutoCAD it is.
So, AutoCAD open this drawing and give you an error if he can not open this drawing..

Also, AutoCAD Open ALWAYS with the last Profile..
so if you have program runnig with it...you need to restart AutoCAD or reload the program.

About a long time i'm trying to search a program to allow user to make a choice when dblclick a DWG and ask a question like:

What AutoCAD version ?
Which profile ?

see ?
Keep smile...