Author Topic: Best curve text font ( LDT )  (Read 4797 times)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Best curve text font ( LDT )
« on: December 19, 2005, 12:00:22 PM »
What do you guys use for a font using the curve text utility? It's tough finding one that doesn't leave spaces between the letters.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Dinosaur

Re: Best curve text font ( LDT )
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 12:23:25 PM »
I DON'T use one, curved text is one of the reasons I don't annotate with LDT very much any more.  I prefer to just make a piece of MText for full curve info and leader it in.  When I need just the length I just make a middle justified piece of DText correctly aligned and positioned either inside or outside of the curve.  It takes more time to create these labels but they can be copied and rotated about many segments of the same curve and I think they not only look better, but are much easier to edit if necessary.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 12:29:18 PM »
The curve text is not for dims it's just for general labeling, i.e. road names.

Dinosaur

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 12:39:50 PM »
I get better results with the arc aligned text in Express tools for that.  It takes a lot of fussing, but it gives some control over the spacing between letters.  I also use a .8 width factor for most of my lettering which helps in some cases but hinders in others.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 12:47:47 PM »
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Dent Cermak

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 01:07:13 PM »
DINO your curve label thingie sounds kina convalouted to me. You want a lable thing that you can add to your labels pull down that gives length, delta,tan radius chord bearing and chord distance? be glad to give you a copy. I made it as a custom thing in the labels routine. Just slide it in amongst the rest of the lables under data and it runs.
Its\'s called "showall.crs'. I put it in my folder on the Lily Pond. Grab it if you need it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 01:11:47 PM by Dent Cermak »

Dinosaur

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 01:47:18 PM »
DINO your curve label thingie sounds kina convalouted to me . . .

Yes, it is very convoluted, but I am about as anal as anyone can get about my annotation.  I got a copy of your label settings when you posted it a few months back.  I like the way it is set up but it is the way LDT delivers the results I have problems with.  I have multiple issues with how LDD annotates ANYTHING which is why I will still take a plat down to r13 and use EaglePoint to annotate it.  The curve labels still don't suit me so I do as outlined above for them, but at least I can control whether the annotation appears plan readable in a rotated viewport.  I am also starting to do annotation in paperspace whenever I can.  Hear that CADaver?

Dinosaur

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 02:17:38 PM »
I guess I should answer the original question as well.  I use simplex for all of the labeling except for boundary, street names and lot numbers.  For streets and lots I use RomanT w/ 0.8 width factor (a 22 degree slant on the street names).  I used to use RomanD for boundary info, but now the delta symbol does not work so I now use Ariel w/ 1.00 width factor.

Dent Cermak

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 08:28:54 PM »
So try my "showall" but uncheck the box that says "align text with line". See if that works better for you.

Dinosaur

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 10:17:10 PM »
I just loaded your file into 2006 and also ran once through all of my old labeling sore spots just to make sure I wasn't griping about something Autodesk had finally fixed.  No such luck- they are all still there.  Your file worked just as all LDT labels seem to and fell down when it hit the rotated viewport on a plan & profile sheet.  I don't want to hijack Mark's thread any further with ranting over LDT labels, especially in rotated viewports except to say that I am more determined than ever to find means to place labels in paperspace as often as possible.  I will continue any further comments if so encouraged to a new thread.