Author Topic: georeferenced images  (Read 3197 times)

drizzt

georeferenced images
« on: December 12, 2005, 02:23:02 PM »
I have had a problem with georeferenced aerials and usgs drg's. I ordered the drg and the aerial from the same company (mapmart.com) and inserted them into LDD2 using map and they do not match.

Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to insert a georeferenced image into LDD2 using map?

The guys at map mart claim it is something I am doing wrong, but I dont't think so.

first, I set the zone according to the image
then, I use map to insert the image, selecting the world file and feet as units. I believe the tfw file does the rest right?

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

Scott

• Bull Frog
Re: georeferenced images
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 10:53:43 AM »
Where did you get your aerial photos.  Are you sure the photo is measured in feet and not meters?

M-dub

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 03:17:41 PM »
We had the same (or similar) problem with ours.  Mind you, we only use vanilla Acad2k4, but don't see how that would matter a whole lot.  I confronted the contractor who provided the aerials and the dwg and they had to fix it.  Their only other alternative was to come to our site and get everything set up correctly.
That's one suggestion I would have for you.  Tell Map Mart that if they're so confident in their work, they can get you set up.  Tell them it's your way of considering them innocent until proven guilty. :)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 10:31:19 AM »
The step by step process depends on how or where you are attempting to attach the images from.

It is slightly different in MAP than it is in Land.

From MAP:

MAP>>Utilities>>Assign Coordinate System (verify that the current MAP session is on the correct CS)
MAP>>Image>>Insert  in most cases the challenge here is in UNITS is the source (image) and destination drawing in the same units?
Verify by measuring a know distance.

For Land Desktop:

Start a new Drawing, establish the proper CS in the drawing sett up.
then use the instructions from MAP above.  All should be well. Feel free to contact me
should you need further assistance.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

drizzt

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 12:48:52 PM »
Hey guys and gals!

Thanks for the info. sorry I did not get back to you, I didn't get the usual email when anyone responded.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: georeferenced images - Issue Resolved
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 07:14:32 PM »
Issue Resolved

The issue was that one image file was on State plane CS,
The other image file was in UTM.

The solution involved TWO new map files set to the correct CS/projection.
then these two files can be xref'd or queried with MAP to have the two images
properly aligned to each other and the CS.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/