Author Topic: Draw arc by length, radius, and delta  (Read 26757 times)

LE

Re: Draw arc by length, radius, and delta
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2005, 10:46:49 PM »
Luis,
HERE is a stripped down subdivision layout that I think contains some areas with curves that have been created incorrectly.  I posted some of my methodology used to keep these errors to a minimum earlier in this thread.  This was taken from a base sheet in Civil 3d, but I exported to a r2000 format.  You can ignore any warnings about proxy objects - all have been removed.
The house stakeouts I mentioned would be recreated with completely new linework drawn only with the course information from the recorded plat which in nearly all circumstances has some degree of rounding area in every course.  The difference from the starting point and ending point of this traverse provides the data needed for the mapcheck analysis.

I just ran a test with GBPOLY and it draws every single linework [the closed polylines], in a flash and ignores overlapping.

I am about to start doing tests using ARCDRAW and see how the methods works.... If I need an specific data, I let you know, or if you now of an area or an arc, that you want me to test in particular, I want to know too.

Thanks.

LE

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2005, 10:53:15 PM »
Have a look at this revision made using GBPOLY, let me know after you download the drawing if I have to removed.

Thanks.

Dinosaur

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2005, 11:22:29 PM »
I just downloaded the file Luis, I will check it out.  I am sure that the GBPOLY will take care of any cleanup work at the single lot level.  What I am wondering about with your curve routine is if it is able to force absolute tangents when drawing a curve that may span several lot frontages.  I will do this with a fillet if the next tangent course has been fixed which results in rounding errors for the lengths but forces the tangent bearings and curve information to result in true tangency.  In cases where the next course is not fixed by other geometry I construct the curve with perpendiculars with radii and central angles  as provided again providing true tangents.  If these precautions are not taken, elements offset from the geometry introduce the gaps and overlaps you found.

LE

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2005, 11:37:04 PM »
I just did, the test using the method P1P2F [startpoint-endpoint-archeight] and works, I might used any other of the methods provided by ArcDraw, but as far being a quick test, it would do the job, all the 18 methods are pure mathematical and geometry analytic solutions.

I hope to finish this add-on demo soon, so you and any other could have a look and test the routines.

Thanks.
Luis.

Dinosaur

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2005, 12:03:07 AM »
I am looking forward to putting this tool through some paces.  I know that at minimum our stakeout drafter's job will be less complicated with it and I would like to abandon my tedious curve construction as well.

LE

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2005, 09:49:40 PM »
I am looking forward to putting this tool through some paces.  I know that at minimum our stakeout drafter's job will be less complicated with it and I would like to abandon my tedious curve construction as well.

:-)

I almost done... here is a list including all the methods I have worked...

(C) 2005 ArcDraw by GeometriCAD

Methods:

1. (PI-P2-LA) StartPoint-EndPoint-ArcLength
2. (P1-P2-F) StartPoint-EndPoint-ArcHeight
3. (P1-C-LA) StartPoint-Center-ArcLength
4. (P2-C-LA) EndPoint-Center-ArcLength
5. (P1-P2-DELTA) StartPoint-EndPoint-Delta
6. (P1-C-DELTA) StartPoint-Center-Delta
7. (P2-C-DELTA) EndPoint-Center-Delta
8. (P1-P2-P3) StartPoint-EndPoint-MidPoint
9. (P1-P2-C) StartPoint-EndPoint-Center
10. (P1-C-LC) StartPoint-Center-ChordLength
11. (P2-C-LC) EndPoint-Center-ChordLength
12. (P1-P2-R) StartPoint-EndPoint-Radius
13. (P1-P2-D) StartPoint-EndPoint-Deflection
14. (P1-P2-STAN) StartPoint-EndPoint-SubTangent
15. EndPoint-ArcTangent
16. StartPoint-ArcTangent
17. (PT-C1-R1) TangentPoint-Chord-Radius
18. (PT-C2-R2) TangentPoint-Chord-Radius

No time now to post all the method images [they can be seen on my earlier animated gif attachment]

Dinosaur

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2005, 10:08:38 PM »
Excellent!  I was not able to follow all of the choices in your annimation . . . there appear to be several options that would work well for my curve problems.

LE

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2005, 01:09:51 PM »
Question ?

The angle input in English what do you named when using:

Degrees:
Minutes:
Seconds:

I called that "sexagesimal" what is the term in English?

Also, I use "centesimal" what would be that? and if it is useful to added as an option.
i.e.
Degrees centecimals:

Thank you.

LE

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2005, 01:34:23 PM »
Question ?

The angle input in English what do you named when using:

Degrees:
Minutes:
Seconds:

I called that "sexagesimal" what is the term in English?

Also, I use "centesimal" what would be that? and if it is useful to added as an option.
i.e.
Degrees centecimals:

Thank you.

Sexagecimal and Decimal
Are the appropriate term names?

Dinosaur

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2005, 01:51:18 PM »
The most common terminology for what I think you are asking is "DMS" format for "sexagesimal" and "Decimal Degrees" for "centesimals".  DMS format is much more common for surveying although I know of some firms that require the decimal format.  I do not know the preference of other disciplines, but would suspect they prefer to work with decimals as they are easier to compute and there is usually no need to tie into survey lines based on DMS Bearings.

LE

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2005, 02:14:27 PM »
The most common terminology for what I think you are asking is "DMS" format for "sexagesimal" and "Decimal Degrees" for "centesimals".  DMS format is much more common for surveying although I know of some firms that require the decimal format.  I do not know the preference of other disciplines, but would suspect they prefer to work with decimals as they are easier to compute and there is usually no need to tie into survey lines based on DMS Bearings.

Perfect ! - got it...

LE

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »
Here is the url link to download ArcDraw...

http://www.geometricad.com/app.php?id=5&lang=en

It is a full working DEMO that runs for 15 days.

LE

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2005, 10:38:25 PM »
I forgot to include the following file, here is:

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2005, 12:48:46 PM »
Here is the url link to download ArcDraw...

http://www.geometricad.com/app.php?id=5&lang=en

It is a full working DEMO that runs for 15 days.

That is some good stuff Luis. :-)
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

LE

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2005, 01:32:22 PM »