Author Topic: walls give me woes  (Read 5487 times)

ryandk

walls give me woes
« on: December 02, 2005, 12:50:37 PM »
Any and all,

I have a wall that I'm trying to modify.  I'm trying to modify it in two different scenarios.  One in the middle of the wall by a column where the wall needs a bump-in.  The other is an endcap condition.  I've made endcaps before but they played nicely.  This time it is giving me sass.  I've tried two different conditions (polylines) for the endcaps but neither worked and they both returned the same results which are shown.

As for the condition at a point along the wall's length, I've made plan modifiers with single component walls but this multi component wall seems to be a different beast.  One issue is the second boundary doesn't disappear even if I use two modifiers (one for the gwb and one for the block).  It will still show me the line between the two and give me the red error circles, but it does that after just applying the 1st modifier to the gwb.

If any of you guys have any hints or experience with modifying walls in this way it would help me out.

I have posted a dwg with examples of what I am trying to get, what I am getting, the two endcap polylines and the wall style embedded  in the lilly pond at this location:

http://www.theswamp.org/lilly_pond/ryandk/helpexample.dwg

Thanks,
Ryan

whdjr

Re: walls give me woes
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 01:58:14 PM »
You can use this for your endcap.

ryandk

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 10:26:14 AM »
What method did you use to convert the plines to an endcap style?  I did "calculate automatically" but that gave me quite undesirable results.

Ryan

whdjr

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 10:50:20 AM »
I drew the polylines on the wall.  Right-click->endcaps->calculate automatically.  I did not erase the polylines until after the endcap was made.  Just give it a new name when prompted.

ryandk

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 03:21:36 PM »
First off, that works.  Thank you.  Secondly, I had done just as you said previously with the exception that I had the polylines off in the middle of no where.  I wasn't aware that would make a difference.  It obviously does and the more I think about it the more it may make sense.

At any rate, thank you again.

Ryan

whdjr

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 03:41:56 PM »
Your welcome Ryan.

I don't now why the endcap has to be on the wall but it works that way and not the other.

I have tried your other problem but have not been successful yet.