Author Topic: Plot Stamp  (Read 5782 times)

Gliderider

Plot Stamp
« on: November 15, 2005, 09:35:33 AM »
Is there a way to permanently assign a plot stamp parameter file to a layout? It seems that each time the file is changed (for different size paper) the subsequent plots use the the most recently used plot stamp.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: Plot Stamp
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 09:47:29 AM »
I think it is per machine. So if you plot one way, then someone else plots w/ a different set of plot stamp values, it looks like its changing.

We use the same parameters for all plots, and they all print fine.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Bob Wahr

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 09:54:13 AM »
You can however throw the plot stamp out and instead use a block that has the information you need in it, in the format you want.  The block can be updated programatically when you save, plot, feel like it, however you want to do it.  I wrote a program that does this which I would offer you except that I wrote it for a company that I no longer work for and as I was on the clock for at least a lot of the time, they own the rights.  I can however offer assistance to you for doing one if you want ot go that route.

Sdoman

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 10:04:53 AM »
Starting with AutoCAD 2005, I threw my plotstamp out and am now using fields embedded in the border which automatically update.  Insert attached drawing to see sample.

Gliderider

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 11:15:28 AM »
Upon further investigation, it appears that fields are the way to go; toss out acad's plotstamp.
Thanks all

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 04:59:00 PM »
are you using 2006 ?
Keep smile...

Gliderider

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 07:07:12 AM »
I'm using 2005

SaMo2

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 11:53:26 AM »
Starting with AutoCAD 2005, I threw my plotstamp out and am now using fields embedded in the border which automatically update.  Insert attached drawing to see sample.

Hey, I downloaded your drawing, but I don't see how it "automatically updates" itself...
How does that work?
Thanks,

SaMo2

Sdoman

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 12:59:23 PM »

Hey, I downloaded your drawing, but I don't see how it "automatically updates" itself...
How does that work?
Thanks,

SaMo2

The plotstamp drawing I posted uses attributes with the new fangled Field object.  So you must be using AutoCAD 2005 or 2006 to make this work.  Insert the plotstamp drawing as a block into your current drawing.  When you plot, the fields should automatically update showing the login name, date, time, & filename.

Actually in practice, I have nested the plotstamp into our company drawing borders.  Works fine here.  You can modify the fields to show different stuff too btw.

Let me know if you are still having trouble or need more info...

SaMo2

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 01:26:36 PM »
In our office, we have ADT2006 and regular ACAD2006.
-
So, basically, take the raw attributes in your drawing, block it, then insert and/or copy/paste into my Titleblock Drawing (for example) and I do not have to touch the attributes whatsoever?

I assume it doesn't matter what kind of block it becomes?

How does it know who the "Drawn by" attribute is?
I'll give it a go....

-SaMo2

Sdoman

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 01:40:53 PM »
In our office, we have ADT2006 and regular ACAD2006.
-
So, basically, take the raw attributes in your drawing, block it, then insert and/or copy/paste into my Titleblock Drawing (for example) and I do not have to touch the attributes whatsoever?

I assume it doesn't matter what kind of block it becomes?

How does it know who the "Drawn by" attribute is?
I'll give it a go....

-SaMo2

That's correct.  Fields are a bit finicky and get discombobulated.  So I would suggest saving the drawing I posted to your computer.  Then from AutoCAD, insert that drawing without exploding it.  Then try plotting.  If that works, then try embedding the block into your title block.  I think it will work in your title block  if you explode it or not

The Field object lookups the login name, date, etc, from the system somehow.  I just picked the field I wanted, formatted the way I wanted, and AutoCAD figures out how to get the data.

Let me know how it works for you.

Sdoman

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 01:44:53 PM »
I forgot to say, that the plotstamp I posted, can't show the "Drawn By" name.  It shows the login name.  Although, you may be able to get the "Drawn By" if you have entered that value into the drawing properties and use a field to get that value.  Haven't tried that myself.

CADwoman

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 02:21:52 PM »
I forgot to say, that the plotstamp I posted, can't show the "Drawn By" name.  It shows the login name.  Although, you may be able to get the "Drawn By" if you have entered that value into the drawing properties and use a field to get that value.  Haven't tried that myself.

Have you tried using the Plot device, Page setup and Scale fields? I can't seem to get them to update. Bug?

Sdoman

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 03:28:54 PM »
Have you tried using the Plot device, Page setup and Scale fields? I can't seem to get them to update. Bug?

Hi CADwoman,

I just tried using the fields you mentioned and it worked fine here.  Well it did take me a couple of tries, but it did work (I am using AutoCAD 2006).

Sorry to not have answered your question earlier.  I've been busy lately and haven't had time to participate.

CADwoman

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 01:19:26 PM »
Yes, it will work if they are live on the drawing. They won't work if they are in a block or xref. Am I correct?

Hi CADwoman,

I just tried using the fields you mentioned and it worked fine here.  Well it did take me a couple of tries, but it did work (I am using AutoCAD 2006).

Sorry to not have answered your question earlier.  I've been busy lately and haven't had time to participate.