Author Topic: stretch question  (Read 2900 times)

ELOQUINTET

stretch question
« on: February 02, 2004, 10:58:40 AM »
more often than not i need to remove objects when i'm stretching. how would i modify the button to allow me to remove after i select the objects to stretch

$M=$(if,$(eq,$(substr,$(getvar,cmdnames),1,4),GRIP),_stretch,^C^C_stretch)

hendie

stretch question
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 11:04:06 AM »
ehmn... why would you want to remove an object after stretching it ~ why not just delete it in the first place ? or do you mean another object ?

ELOQUINTET

stretch question
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 11:06:44 AM »
ok i'm stretching a group of objects but some i want to stay where they are. i just want it to start the remove option after i select my objects instead of typing r all the time. does that clerify things?

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
stretch question
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 11:40:41 AM »
Ok, here is a simple remove option for you....

In ANY command that you want to remove objects from the selection set, simply hold down the SHIFT key then select the object to remove. One note of caution. In the stretch command IF you remove an object by crossign or selection, then ALL objects will be removed fromthe stretch, although many will still show as part of the selection set. I have heard that this has been addressed in some releases of AutoCAD but I have experienced it in 2000 & 2002
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

ELOQUINTET

stretch question
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 12:04:42 PM »
hey keith the shift option works good enough i suppose. i didn't know about that one. thanks

daron

stretch question
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 12:31:47 PM »
Express tools mstretch works real well for this. You can actually use the R to remove the objects. You can also stretch multiple selections at once.