Author Topic: osnap question  (Read 4472 times)

ELOQUINTET

osnap question
« on: February 02, 2004, 10:24:16 AM »
hey guys i'm looking for something which i'm not sure if it exists but here goes. i'm looking for a snap that would let me pick to eventual intersection. i will use it for moving angle with radiused corners. i could pick on line then the other and it would give the intersection point of the two before it was filleted. or maybe there's already a way of doing this? thanks

daron

osnap question
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 10:29:30 AM »
That is the way. Sounds like you've got what you're asking for. You have to force it and select each lineal object.

ELOQUINTET

osnap question
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 10:37:49 AM »
uh not sure i follow daron. i can't establish that point as my system is configured. maybe i could do this with tracking? but i never use that and don't recall how to enable. tell me what you mean  by force it please

hendie

osnap question
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 10:50:50 AM »
shift and right click and select "Intersection" ~ if you hover over one of the lines you will get a small "x2 showing, select theat line and then go to the next line you wish to intersect. you will see another "x" appear at the intersection

ELOQUINTET

osnap question
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 10:56:04 AM »
i don't have a x2 that shows but i discovered i can right click and choose apparent intersection, seems to work. thanks.

hendie

osnap question
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 11:02:16 AM »
oops that should be "x" not "x2

apparent intersection will also work. I think it depends upon what your settings are for a couple of variables (edgemode and something else maybe)

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
osnap question
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2004, 11:37:37 AM »
Apparent intersection IS the method....

When prompted for your first point, select Apparent intersection then select your first object, then hover over second until the intersection shows....
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

daron

osnap question
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2004, 12:36:10 PM »
Apparent intersection or intersection does the trick and are pretty much the same.  The difference between the two is that AppInt see objects in a 3d plane (differeing z values) as intersecting, where Int won't see them as intersecting, no matter what you do. Apparent Intersection is not the same as imaginary (projected) intersection, which is what it sounds like you're looking for.

ELOQUINTET

osnap question
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2004, 12:41:35 PM »
yeah daron i want to pick from the intersection as if i did a fillet 0 but i have a 2/32 radius. it's not a big deal i was just hoping one of you guys had a quick solution

daron

osnap question
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2004, 12:43:50 PM »
MmmmmmmmmmmmK

*scratches head*

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
osnap question
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2004, 12:46:43 PM »
Quote from: eloquintet
......i was just hoping one of you guys had a quick solution

That seems pertty quick to me ... maybe I am missing something...
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie