Author Topic: automated display config import  (Read 5776 times)

ryandk

automated display config import
« on: October 12, 2005, 07:48:26 PM »
I need to copy the display configs and sets from a template into a whole set of drawings on a large project. I was wondering if there was a way to script/automate this process?  I looked around, even at Adesk and their forums.  I don't believe there is a command line for the display manager and its like so I'm thinking there isn't but hoping somebody here will be able to shed some more light.

Thank you,
Ryan

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: automated display config import
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 07:56:22 PM »
the display configs and sets

What does this entail .. ?
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

ryandk

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 09:35:55 AM »
Well, normally (read manually) I go the display manager, I left click on the configurations category to select it, and then right click and select import.  This will bring up a dialog box with two columns.  On the left are the display configs in the current drawing and on the right are configs from whichever drawing you are going to want to import the configs from.  You bring over what you want, overwrite what you need and then hit ok, then ok again to get out of the display manager.

There's the process.

Ryan

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 10:22:58 AM »
Display Manager? I'm embarrassed to say I don't know what this is. Enlighten please.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Murphy

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 11:37:48 AM »
In ADT and ABS you use the Display manager to control how 3d objects appear in plan, elevation and section views.

ryandk,

Are you familiar with VBA? If so you need to reference aecbXUI of something similar for ADT. There is a PreferencesProfile.ImportProfile.

ryandk

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 12:04:05 PM »
The display manager is located in the Format pulldown menu.  It is the second one down, right under the style manager. 

From within the display manager you can create/import/export/adjust settings to the display configurations, the display sets that they in turn use, and the display by object that is in turn linked to the sets.

ryandk

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 12:18:20 PM »
No.  I'm not at all familiar with VBA.  I wouldn't even know where to start.  If this does entail creating a vba script to do the job then it will either be doing it manually or not doing it at all.  One is hoping for the best and the other is mind numbing.