Author Topic: ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!  (Read 8552 times)

Dent Cermak

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2005, 07:36:20 PM »
No. Doug said too many people abused the previous system. Each time you log an authorization code it counts against your seat total. 4 seats, 4 authorizations. And if you are installing on a pooter not on the internet, you get to go through the fun of telephone authorization. The folks on the phone thing are kida dense sometimes.
It's not a real issue for me though, because my pooter at home is on Windows 98. That's why I needed to know how to save back to 2002 or ldd3.

Dinosaur

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2005, 07:39:13 PM »
Quote from: Mark Thomas
I didn't think you had to do the license transfer thing if you're installing on a home PC. Aren't you still allowed two installs?

It is my understanding you are still allowed a second install for use ONLY at times when the other install is not in use.  You may have to get on the horn with Autodesk to plea your case.

Dinosaur

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2005, 07:45:40 PM »
OK, I am old AND slow, but we did not have any problems doing this last spring.
Regarding the exporting to older versions . . . You just have to use the file export route rather than "save as".  You can even go back to a r12 dxf file if you choose.  There are just too many new proxy objects to go through "save as" and survive.

Dent Cermak

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2005, 07:46:02 PM »
That was the way all of the previous versions were. My understanding is that that has changed. My training class is not until the end of next month, so I will dig deeper then, but this is the info that my VAR is giving me now.

Dent Cermak

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005, 08:24:34 AM »
"Export to AutoCad". Found it. Thanks ya'll.

Dent Cermak

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2005, 11:24:36 PM »
Finished the training Wednesday, Got LDD 2006 Thursday. Initial impression: 6 sux. Well, I've got 5 to play with.
You CAN use 'license migration" to take a code home to use LDD5 there. Then you must rermember to get the "new" code from the home pooter to put on the office pooter or the office pooter won't work.
Doug Medley taught our class. I don't think he will ever be the same. Think about it. Locked up in a classroom with me for 3 days.  :twisted:

Dinosaur

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2005, 12:08:09 AM »
I served my time, er finished my 3 days Civil 3D training on Tuesday - Sunday 7 to 6:30, Monday 8 to 7:30 and Tuesday 8 to 5:30 with homework assigned on the first two nights.  One could say I got my money's worth but I sure didn't get much sleep.  We also touched on LDDT and got familiar with MAP 3D in addition to  the Civil 3D.  The instructor is independent from Autodesk and was quite candid on what works and what doesn't in the current release.  It is a very powerful program and if given a chance will kick LDDT's BE-hind so hard that even the old DCA programmers will ache.

deegeecees

Re: ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »
MS to Adesk: "you'll put the dang files where I tell ya to"

Now THATS comedy!  :lmao: :-D :lmao: :-D :lmao: :-D :lmao: :-D

Sounds like Joe Dirt's running things down at the ol MS HQ

Dinosaur

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2005, 05:25:32 PM »
Autodesk's understanding of the EULA has changed folks.  I just posted a topic in News about these changes HERE.

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2005, 05:26:27 PM »
Dent I dont know... I ll have to do the same thing... anyone

Code: [Select]
(startapp "notepad.exe" (findfile "ACAD.pgp"))