Author Topic: Revision ABC, 123s  (Read 2065 times)

deegeecees

Revision ABC, 123s
« on: September 07, 2005, 09:19:05 AM »
I'm looking for ideas on how to handle revisions. I get alot of different titleblocks usually with just plain dtext for the revs, and they are a mixed usage. Some use #'s and some are alphabetical. The most common here is from ComEd, using alphabetically incremented revs in an attributed block. I'm working on a continuation sequence using their standard aforementioned block inserted under different layers (i.e. REV A-D, REV E-H etc.). This will be the basis for my next code frenzy unless I find a better way. Anyone have a time tested method for handling this?

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: Revision ABC, 123s
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 10:02:58 AM »
I guess that depends on how many revs you think you will have.  I work for a power utility, that was started in the 30's.  I have revs on some drawings in the 50's.  NOT many, but there are some.  Revs in the 20-30's is very common.  So for me, letters would be hard after i got to 'Z'

That help?
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

deegeecees

Re: Revision ABC, 123s
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 10:10:45 AM »
Actually, alphanumeric (oops,  :-P I guess I shoulda mentioned that, hadn't had my coffee yet) as in A1, C2, etc.