Author Topic: Display color dependants differently to how they plot  (Read 3391 times)

hyposmurf

Display color dependants differently to how they plot
« on: January 24, 2004, 06:51:01 AM »
How would I manage this:
My company have redesigned their logo and It's my job to incorporate it into the company titleblock.Problem is that we use color depepndant linetypes and theyve chosen a color that is is our heaviest pen setting :shock: .So what I'm hoping to do is have the color they want displayed as say red(heavier pen color) but actually plot as a blue linetype(lighter pen color).Ive thought as maybe having the red color logo covering the blue logo.The red logo will be set to ni plot on one layer and the blue to plot.Will this work,dont think its the corect method though to use an bright ideas?Telling my company to change the color of their logo after the ££££ theyve spent deciding the color is not an option!

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 07:31:38 AM »
How about using a color something like red .. say 20 0r 240. Chances are your plot config already uses a light pen weight for these.

Regards
kwb
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

hyposmurf

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 06:55:51 AM »
Come up with another idea,I'm going to create a new plot style for our section of the company.I have the pantone number of the proposed logo does anyone know how to edit the a pantone color to use a different pen in a color dependant plot style?Are pantones actual colors that will plot as they are and arent part of the color dependant plot styles? :?Can I add a pantone color to a color dependant plot style?

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 08:37:37 AM »
lineweight solves the issue man .... why am I the only one who see that ....
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

hyposmurf

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 08:44:08 AM »
There you go one reason so far to use lineweights.Does anyone know how the pantones and plot syles interact?The help file isnt much use and theres not much on the net about it.

daron

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 09:32:51 AM »
I see it, Keith. Corporate mandates ctb's.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 12:39:48 PM »
Oh well, while you guys are fighting with a bunch of yellow lines trying to make sense of a drawing, I will have colors that distinguish particular objects and layers, then set a lineweight by layer and/or object and be able to distingush between them all at a glance.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie