Author Topic: ADT 2004 under-requirements  (Read 5366 times)

hyposmurf

ADT 2004 under-requirements
« on: August 30, 2005, 02:22:18 PM »
Im having problems!Well to put it precisely my PC at my new job seems to be struggling to do much at all.The PC I beleive is a intel 800mhz with 512mb  of ram.Heres the system requirements for ADT 204 which I'm menat to use on my PC:
Following are the minimum system requirements to operate Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2004:

* Operating System
      Windows XP Professional (SP1 or later), Windows XP Home (SP1 or later), Windows XP Tablet PC, Windows 2000 (SP3 or later) or Windows NT 4.0 (SP6a or later)
    * Web Browser
      Microsoft Interent Explorer 6.0 or later
    * Processor
      Pentium 4 1.4 Ghz or AMD K7 1.4 Ghz
    * RAM
      512 MB
    * Video
      1024 x 768 with True Color
    * Hard Disk
      800 MB (1.2 GB for full installation)
    * Pointing Device
      Mouse, trackball or other pointing device
    * CD-ROM
      Any speed (required for installation only)
The PC is continually crashing very rarely opens AutoCAD without crashing
I can type into my MTEXT editor take my hands of the keyboard and watch what I typed 10 secs ago appearing.
I insert blocks and AutoCAD tells me the block has been inserted but the block is not there!These are standard blocks other staff use such as titleblocks.
Ive altered my shortcut target path so that the ADT element is avoided,so plain vanilla loads.
Ive been at this company three days and am starting to pull my hair out!Im sure they will tell me to try and load CAD 2004 LT,that they also havce a liscence for. :cry: If thats the case I wouldnt be happy working on LT at all.I cant go complaining too much that my PC isnt good enough,not even been there a week.

Anyone got any suggestions?Are then any  tweaks I can do to my ADT installation?Im beginning to feel Im bolloxed. :(

hyposmurf

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 03:24:23 PM »
I explained the situation and this higher spec PC emerged from out of knowhere!I thought Id cause too much of a fuss moanoing about the state of my PC after three days with the company. :) Im chuffed,so far so good with this PC. 8)

Bob Wahr

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 03:59:17 PM »
WTG!  Sometimes it's easier to get new and more betterest things when you are new than after you've been around a bit.

whdjr

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 04:38:49 PM »
So wadcha get hypo? :?

hyposmurf

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 04:46:42 PM »
Its a PC they had laying about,over 2ghz,RAM is about 256mb but they said theyll get me some more.So Im happy.All I wanted was a PC that wouldnt crash every 5 mins.It got to the stage whereby I couldnt even open CAD so I had to keep rebooting.That was on Win 2000.Bit embarrassing being the new guy when your given work to do.Honestly its my PC :oops: .Anyway Im content now 8)