Author Topic: Strip ADT down to vanilla CAD?  (Read 4714 times)

hyposmurf

Strip ADT down to vanilla CAD?
« on: August 27, 2005, 07:40:21 AM »
Ok Im working this beast now nevr thought I would be.Problem is we dont need all the functionality of ADT 2004,plain vanilla would have been just fine.Is there a way to load the program everytime without the additional crap that comes with ADT?I thought Id found a way before by chaning the target for my shortcut.Heres some of the webpage that refered to changing the path.Im not sure what Ive done wrong or if this works.

The following is an example of the resultant Target path:
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2004 \acad.exe" /p "C:\Program Files\Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2004\ACAD 2004.arg"

Click OK to exit the Shortcut Properties dialog box. Sessions of Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2004 that are launched from the resultant shortcut will only include the AutoCAD functionality and the Save command will include the option to save drawings in AutoCAD 2000 DWG format.

Ive added it to my shortcut ADT icon,both of them in the target,or one in the target and the other in the "start in".Also modified the profile to suit mine.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 11:54:06 AM »
Ok this can be a tricky thing to do .. but thankfully it is not too difficult ...

Start AutoCAD from the executable DO NOT USE A SHORTCUT
In AutoCAD set the profile that you want current
Export your profile
Close AutoCAD
On all of your shortcuts change the path to reflect the profile you just exported. (your .arg file)
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

hyposmurf

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 11:58:49 AM »
Thats what I was doing but I must have been writing the mar=cro incorrectly in my shortcut :roll: Ill have to play some more