Author Topic: why isn't this working!!!!!!  (Read 6198 times)

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
why isn't this working!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2005, 05:26:43 PM »
Hmmm, I never thought about that. I just figured it would still work.....my comp. is currently tied up, but I'll look into this later on.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2005, 09:01:46 AM »
i also want to know this for another situation where it would be nice to be able to force the text beneath the dimension line. thanks

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2005, 09:11:18 AM »
This is what I came up with when you & daron started the other thread.
Haven't revisited it but if the dimtxt is moved I think the added text will have to be
a separate text object if you want it below the dim line.
Code: [Select]
Removed
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

daron

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2005, 11:51:28 PM »
Oh yeah. Kill his patience entirely with ActiveX, CAB. :lol: Yes, that is meant as a joke.

As far as all the dimension variables, you also need to check for text justifications and that is its own headache. As far as why we started Dan out on something so difficult? He asked for it. I couldn't come up with a simpler idea, so I thought I'd see what we could do to run with it. To be perfectly honest, I think Dan has come a long way, just by having a desire to start learning this stuff. If someone can come up with something simpler that'll teach Dan to dig deeper and understand what the code syntaxes are doing and how they work or whatever, please do. I'm sure everyone can attest that they didn't have lisp down after their first program. I know I didn't. It took quite a few routine's.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2005, 12:42:14 AM »
Quote from: daron
Oh yeah. Kill his patience entirely with ActiveX, CAB. :lol: Yes, that is meant as a joke.

OK, let him wait on the vlisp. :)
I'll bring it back later.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

daron

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005, 12:55:21 AM »
You can repost it. Who knows when he'll be ready to get into AX? What Dan needs right now, is someone helping him get the basics with something basic. I'm not going to be getting in here much during the weekdays, so he'll need everyone's help.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2005, 09:21:09 AM »
thanks daron i figured you just got busy so i reposted so someone else could help me keep learning. and thanks to everyone who's helped so far preesh  8)