Author Topic: (C3D) Parcel Names and User Classifications  (Read 2908 times)

DanB

• Bull Frog
(C3D) Parcel Names and User Classifications
« on: September 02, 2005, 12:49:42 PM »
I hope I can explain this well enough...I have just started working with C3D in the last few days...

1.) Parcels defined and named (example parcel name: Block H, Lot 5)
2.) Parcels are labeled
3.) "Settings" > Parcel > Label Style >Area > "Company defined Style" > Edit > Layout : Text :Contents: "..." > Text Component Editor > Properties >>>> I noticed I can add fields here if needed. Is it possible to extract the Lot Number (as in above example "5") from the Parcel Name??

Dinosaur

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 01:24:06 PM »
Parcels rank with grading (and I do mean RANK) as the least mature functions of Civil 3D.  It sounds like you may have gotten further than I did with them, congratulations.  If I understand what you are trying to do, you may have some luck with the reporting feature for parcels that does work rather well if you can get them established.  The reporting should be addressable with a right click on the parcels within either the drawing itself if they are being displayed or from within Prospector at any time.

DanB

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 02:49:42 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. My goal actually for extracting the Lot Number was to then apply that value to a Pre defined Block (an ellipse with text number in the center) to be placed in each parcel of the subdivision through the Parcel Labels. For now I have created a user defined classification that creates a Lot Number column that I have to manually enter the necessary values. Lots to learn.

Dinosaur

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 03:22:33 PM »
I think you can get the program to do that by defining it in a label style.  One of the templates (I think Imperial by color) has a variety of styles included and I think one may do just what you want.  You may have to tinker with some defaults and adjust the font and size.