CAD Forums > CAD General

acad 2002 bombing out on plot preview...help

(1/3) > >>

diarmuid:
on some of the machines in the company, where i work, cad crashes out when the guys do a full plot preview. it seems to be problematic for over a year now with our tech people not having much success (they are not very good)

they aren't using any plug in software within cad itself. and it seems to be fairly problematic on one floor of the building.  my guess is the plotter that they are plotting to (the one on their floor) is what is causing the problem.  because i don't seem to be hearing any of the other cad people on other floors (plotting to different plotters) complaining to any great extent.

my own machine hasn't (maybe a very odd time but thats cad for you.)

but i need to be sure.

the version of cad that they are using is 2002  the drawings that they are using are 2002 format (including the xrefs)

i know that acad 2000 used to have that problem and issued a patch to repair the problem.  (it happened to me)

thanks in advance

Regards

Diarmuid

hyposmurf:
Is there a patch for your problem on 2002 version,have you updated the plotter drivers & display drivers or reinstalled the existing?If all else fails and seen as this problem has gone for soo long have you reinstalled AutoCAD and seen if it clears the problem?

diarmuid:
reinstalled autocad and the hard drive on some machines ( so i'm told) but problem persists.

i'm faily sure its the plotter but before i start making waves i'd like to be sure that there is no "just untick that box" type solution to the problem.

thanks in advance.

Diarmuid

Keith™:
Check for plotting updates since AutoCAD handles the plotting internally. I know that 2000 would crash if you used HP plotters without the patch.

Craig:
What OS are you guys running? One thing you may want to check on is you virtual memory. The other might be setting your plotter/printer memory within your OS. To adjust the Virutal Memory in XP Pro do the following:
1. Open System in Control Panel.
2. On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
3. On the Advanced tab, under Virtual memory, click Change.
4. Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
5. Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, and type a new paging file size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, and then click Set.

We have run inot this problem in the past and it corrected our crashing. Instead of "Letting" windows decide on whats best, we just set aside about 1.5gb of drive space

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version