Author Topic: cutting and pasting viewports  (Read 9477 times)

ELOQUINTET

cutting and pasting viewports
« on: January 16, 2004, 02:41:41 PM »
hey

in my currents drawing i can't cut and paste a viewport from one layout to another. i could do it a couple weeks ago. is there a variable for this?

daron

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 02:56:23 PM »
Yes. What was it. Oh yeah. Try mview on. That ought to do it.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 03:23:31 PM »
mmm no when i go to paste the viewport nothing happens. i know that you have to turn the viewport back on when you paste it but there is nuttin there so...

daron

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 03:31:19 PM »
Well I can't paste it either.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 03:37:24 PM »
well i know i did it before but not now. my boss is constantly having me rearrange my sheets so it is real nice being able to cut and paste. i'm doin it the hard way now but would like to figure this out.

Craig

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 03:41:01 PM »
Dan, try copy and then pasting as a block, see if that works. It works for me

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 03:50:07 PM »
no go craig same results... nuttin. it would be nice if it told me something and how to fix it but i guess that would be asking too much

hyposmurf

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004, 03:55:19 PM »
If you use the copy or copy with baspoint from the right click pop up it appears to just copy the viewport,but if you issue the copy at the command line it seems to copy the contents of your vport to.

daron

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2004, 03:57:29 PM »
Would the design center help? Rename the tab. Saveas the drawing to something else. Rename the tab back to what it was before, save. Close. Open old drawing. Open DC. Locate the new drawing. Get down to its layouts and the new layout name should be there. Drag and drop it into the drawing. *Poof*. You should have a new tab with a copied vport. That used to work too. Let me know if it don't.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 04:04:04 PM »
ok i think what hyposmurf suggested has done it. i selected the viewport i wished to copy then right clicked and copied. then switched to another layout clicked on an existing viewport, right clicked and the viewport pasted then i turned it back on. you learn something new everyday

daron

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2004, 04:42:09 PM »
I thought that was the problem? Now I'm thoroughly confused.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2004, 05:04:18 PM »
Sounds like someone was using the wrong copy command.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

daron

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2004, 05:45:11 PM »
Okay, well that is what I said in the first place. Of course, when I tried it I got the results that were the original problem. Now it works again. I'm sure I did it right. I tried ctrl+c and right click copy. Earlier today I had trouble copying anything to the clip-board. Autocad crashed each time I'd try, then when I tried to copy the text itself instead of the text object, it told me that some other app had my clip-board locked up. Lo and behold, I deleted some vlx's, I'm curious about; changed my password and restarted my computer. No more problems.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2004, 10:24:52 PM »
I have found that by opening some drawings created by AutoCAD extensions like ADT, MDT and LDD with some but not all of the object enablers loaded for that package, that if you copy to clipboard AutoCAD will crash. At east it does in 2000(i) and 2002
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

hyposmurf

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2004, 04:35:34 AM »
What if you disable the object enablers from showing,does that clear the problem up?

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2004, 08:32:02 AM »
I haven't tried that ..... I just started wblocking the parts I wanted to snag and insert them in the other drawing.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2004, 12:32:37 PM »
you guys have been busy here. well i am used to using ctrl c and v for cutting and pasting and it doesn't seem to work doing it that way sometimes but the right click method worked this time. thanks guys

hyposmurf

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2004, 12:58:44 PM »
There's so many different ways to copy something and they all perform differently.Like you can copy with basepoint from the right click or with out basepoint,you can issue the command copy or hold down ctrl and drag the item etc

daron

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2004, 12:17:03 AM »
Quote from: hyposmurf
What if you disable the object enablers from showing,does that clear the problem up?

Don't know, but changing passwords and restarting my computer and setting some security for internet use after reading an article on vbdesign the night before, which I can't find now, worked.

hyposmurf

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2004, 05:23:07 AM »
Weird,do you reckon somoeone else was signing as you? :evil:

daron

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2004, 09:16:18 AM »
If so, I hope I caught it soon enough. Hope not.

hudster

• Gator
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2004, 04:33:47 PM »
I use a program called WINM8, it gives you about 50 spaces on your clipboard, so cutting and pasting becomes ever so easy.

Only drawback, it can only do copy with basepoint for one item, the rest it loses the information on.

Apart from that it's great.  I've copied all my standard notes onto it, and i just click and paste the entire note into any drawing.
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue