Author Topic: Using trackballs with CAD  (Read 5908 times)

Bob Garner

Re: Using trackballs with CAD
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 10:37:19 AM »
I concur with da Bears comments on the Nossy.  After you use it enough, you remember all the key commands and can really rock 'n roll.  And as he said, there are an incredible number of commands you can program into this thing.  Until you get them memorized, it helps to put a "map" of the keys and commands on the wall in front of you.  Hey, how about a heads-up display of the commands and keys right on the screen. 

I feel like a Borg when I use it.

Bob G.

craigr

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 12:07:25 PM »
I just ordered the Nostromo N52.

After I get used to it, I will post my opinions of it, (for those that are interested).

craigr

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 12:41:36 PM »
After replacing all the mice at home with trackballs, I had about 2 weeks of complaints from wife and kids, but now nobody even cares.
:-o :-o
Did you find the trackballs chewed more or less  holes in things than the mice  What about leaving droppings all over the place?
 :-D :-D
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 12:52:25 PM »
I have been using the Logitech track ball for 5 years and love it.  I got it for my wrist that was starting to cramp but the added benefit was that not fighting the mouse cord that would get hung up.  The only downside is overshoot the target when playing BF2.  ^-^
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans