Author Topic: 2025 new Enterprise package.  (Read 539 times)

Lonnie

• Newt
2025 new Enterprise package.
« on: April 09, 2024, 01:21:50 PM »
Ok I've started a thread maybe a half dozen times and I've figured out my answers. I am bitting the bullet and just putting a place holder here in case I need a quick question answered.
Thank you for the indulgence. 

I am starting my 2025 custom AutoCAD package. If it's all right with you all I will do one thread for many questions I am sure I'll have.

My first line in my cuidoc lisp is

(setq var1 (getenv "DCEload21"))
(if (/= var1 "loaded")
   (load "\\\\dce\\designdata\\cadd\\dc acad\\default\\general\\support\\Enterprise 2021\\2021 DCE Profile.lsp")
      (princ var1)
)

The profile lsp does one time things.

Code: [Select]

Sets Trusted Paths: Sets trusted paths for AutoCAD so that Lisp files don't face challenges.

Folder Existence Check: Defines a function to check if a folder exists locally and create it if it doesn't.

Sets Support Paths: Specifies support paths and working paths for various AutoCAD functionalities.

Loads the Enterprise Menu Configuration:

Sets Help File Pathing: Specifies the location of the help files.

Adds the location of our custom dictionary file.

Sets Printer Configuration Paths: Specifies paths for printer configurations.

Sets Plot Style Table Paths: Specifies paths for plot style tables.

Sets Automatic Save Location: Sets the location for automatic saving of files.

Sets Drawing Template File Location: Specifies the location of drawing template files.

Sets Default Template File Name: Specifies the default template file name for new drawings.

Sets Log File Locations: Sets locations for various log files.

Sets Save Version of AutoCAD: Sets the save version of AutoCAD.

Sets Various Variables: Sets various AutoCAD variables needed for operations.

Setts Additional Variables: Sets additional optional variables to aid in work.

Changes Screen Colors: Changes screen colors for model space background, command area, and crosshairs.

Adjusting Layer Isolation: Adjusts layer isolation settings.

Sets Registry Value I can update values if needed.

AutoCAD's new Custom Install looks to only use an arg file as it's configuration file. Anyone foresee a problem with pathing for an enterprise setup?

If anyone has suggestions before I ask questions please feel free to help.

Finally !

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
Re: 2025 new Enterprise package.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 07:59:38 PM »
just a comment we just copied the Acad Desktop Icon and edited the properties, changing the startup to run a different saved profile. /p "Jeffs".

So the user had a laptop, ran icon Office when in the obvious "Office" and Laptop when outside of office.
A man who never made a mistake never made anything

Lonnie

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 12:01:50 PM »
just a comment we just copied the Acad Desktop Icon and edited the properties, changing the startup to run a different saved profile. /p "Jeffs".

So the user had a laptop, ran icon Office when in the obvious "Office" and Laptop when outside of office.

That seems to be the way the new install works too. I just published a question about forcing the installer to only install the custom configuration build in the forums.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/custom-install-2025-create-enterprise-wide-install/td-p/12699727 about that.

I have over 150 users using 1 of 6 workspaces.

While I am on.

Is there a better way of forcing a restart than

(vla-SendCommand (vla-get-ActiveDocument (vlax-get-acad-object)) "_.exit ")

It still gives my users a chance to say cancel the restart. This tends to remove some important details of my install.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 12:34:51 PM »
I remember when I had to manange a bunch of people/offices. I created custom installers for AutoCAD and Revit.
Revit installer Example:
https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=45270.msg504563#msg504563

I seem to remember the AutoCAD custom installer allowed me to just import a AutoCAD profile. So, in essance, I created a profile that had all the settings I wanted (paths, locations, etc) and I imported that profile into the installer builder and it made life a lot easier.

I also had some method for the user/me to update the users profile and I posted my lisp that did that. This must have been the way for me to make an updated profile, put it on the network, and have my users pull an updated profile (I think this was automatic somehow).

https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=14917.msg180480#msg180480
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

Lonnie

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 02:31:49 PM »
I seem to remember the AutoCAD custom installer allowed me to just import a AutoCAD profile. So, in essence, I created a profile that had all the settings I wanted (paths, locations, etc) and I imported that profile into the installer builder and it made life a lot easier.

Now it does not import the arg file it references it in a shortcut.  My problem is you get two shortcuts on your desktop to go into it but if you use the wrong shortcut you don't get the standards. I need some place to force everyone to change and I am just not seeing it.

In 2021 you were allowed to setup your Enterprise cui and it forced everyone to have it. 2025 is not so versatile. Somehow, someplace without "hacking" the install I have to change autocad to only use the company setting. Last company I worked for I just edited (hacked to this company.) to .msi file and put my changes directly into the install package.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 02:36:31 PM by Lonnie »

Lonnie

• Newt
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 12:28:49 PM »
Here's a new one.

My install loads all my information then closes autocad. Since autocad never logs on before it closes I get a autodesk error report on my screen.

Anyone know of a way I can close autocad after it logs in so my users don't get confused?