Code Red > AutoLISP (Vanilla / Visual)

BricsCAD Bundle and Plugins Path

(1/2) > >>

Tharwat:
Hello everyone,

I tried to ask in BricsCAD forum but could not get it to process due to system error or so and that's why I am starting my thread here because I know there are many members here use Bricscad.

In AutoCAD I am locating my applications in the same path where Autodesk Apps. Store does as follows: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins

- So Where can I locate my applications with BricsCAD ? As a matter of secured path to allow me to find the files that my applications need to find.!

- And does the XXX.bundle suit ( Autoload ) work with BricsCAD as well as it works with AutoCAD ?

I don't have the BricsCAD program installed on my system.

Thanks in advance.

ribarm:
Install BricsCAD and probably you'll find similarities with AutoCAD... For instance BricsCAD has appload.dfs file where are stored startup applications like *.lsp and *.des... If you put appload.dfs file in similar path where BricsCAD stores it ...\Roaming\Bricsys\... (...\Roaming\Autodesk\...) you can make AutoCAD load it's compatible files (*.lsp, *.VLX, *.fas)... - here only *.dll must be loaded through NETLOAD command and that's the same for both AutoCAD and BricsCAD...

It's Alive!:
I have this issue too, I just changed my Python project to install all the goodies into
AppData\Local\Programs\...

Then I created loader modules the go into Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins for autoloading
Seems to be working good, having separate loader modules actually gives me some flexibility.

The downside is BricsCAD uses have to manually navigate and add it to their startup suite.
I don’t want to write to the registry.

Tharwat:
Thanks guys for your replies.

BIGAL:
Like "Alive" you need to write to registry about where your custom code is, I am sure was asked on Bricscad forum. Will see if can find.

I still use a Custom directory and just set the support path to suit. I use a install.lsp that unzips all the files to a destination directory adds support paths and menus etc. The zip is like 30Mb as it has multiple company dwt and dwgs.

Des = Fas etc.

Oh yeah trying to remember can use mnl to load lisps like using startup suite (load "xxx shortcuts")

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version