Code Red > .NET

Debugging>Breakpoint>Locals empty

(1/2) > >>

Jeff_M:
I have a project that recently started not behaving when debugging. The locals window never populates with any variables and hovering over a variable no longer display the value. Every other project I open works as expected, and this one used to work just fine.

Google returns a number of others having this issue, but all those seem to not be project specific. Regardless, I have tried every "solution" I found to no avail. This project is actually pretty small, the debug build is just a 45kb dll.

Any ideas as to what I may have done to this project to cause this?

Edited to add that I am using VS 2022 Pro. Also tested in VS 2022 Community.

kdub_nz:
Jeff,
Can't recall ever seeing that issue, in Community.

Regards,

Jeff_M:
Thanks, Kerry.

I finally gave up and created a new project on a different drive, copying the .cs files and folders from the original. A quick test and it was working as expected. I then copied all of the folders and files from the new to the original except the .sln & .csproj.user files and deleted the .vs file. It's back to working fine.

Prior to copying the files I used WinMerge to compare the 2 .csproj files. There were some things in the original project that I do not recall having added and are not in the new one so I deleted those. After testing the issue remained.

So even though I am back up and working, I still have no idea what caused the issue. I'm just happy it was with this small project instead of my much larger ones.

kdub_nz:

Hi Jeff,
I was going to suggest creating new & copying code , but I knew that was a last resort that you would decide on yourself.

Great to hear there were happy endings.

It's Alive!:
the only thing I can think of is a missing or incorrectly named .pdb file

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version