Author Topic: looking for an autolisp class  (Read 2728 times)

ELOQUINTET

looking for an autolisp class
« on: July 22, 2005, 04:22:27 PM »
hey guys i am really being pushed now to learn autolisp so i can develop some things here. i signed up for the autolisp course and having you guys to ask questions is very helpful. but i think that in order to really learn this stuff i need to talk a class because i'm not very disciplined when it comes to self learning. i did a search on the net trying to find some classes but haven't found much yet. if you guys know of anything can you point me in the right direction thanks

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 04:50:55 PM »
try your local reseller or do a web search on RRTC courseware.  I used to teach from that courseware
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 06:09:56 PM »
Check out Stig's website, I think he still does lisp courses
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 01:16:59 PM »
ok i wrote stig an email showing interest in the course. i have a question concerning what i should do first. i have actually printed out his entire course from the learning center. i also have the vlisp developers guide for 2002 (with 2006 on the way). i also have the bible by david stein. should i continue reading stigs tutorial, then look at autocads book then davids or all 3 at the same time or no???

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 01:49:03 PM »
slow down a bit and learn it ... if you try to absorb too much at one time your head will explode. I suggest reading the tutorial, it is geard toward beginners, then once you are familiar with that, delve into David Steins book ... again, don't go too fast ... make sure you understand as you go. Finally once you have a pretty good unnderstanding of Lisp, then start examining the activeX components of lisp (VLisp). You will find that by the time you reach that point you will have gained a wealth of knowledge and will be able to grasp it much easier.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

daron

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 08:51:51 AM »
The one thing Dan, you need to do, and I can't stress it enough; no matter how much you read, you'll never understand UNTIL you start writing code. Read a little with each of Stig's tutorials and in the vlide write code, even if it seems redundant. Test each piece of code. It's amazing that until you see the code you write work, you just won't understand how it works or remember the keywords that make it work. Once you see it work after you've written it, you'll be able to remember the "keywords" you used and be able to call them up when you need them later.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 09:32:00 AM »
ok guys thanks for the advice. i am starting out reading the beginning of the developers guide which explains how to use the editor and stigs tutorial at the same time. as daron suggested i will try writing some things and also study some of the lisp i already have and try to follow it. i need to get in the discipline of doing a little everyday so it's is fresh in my mind (that's the hardest part)