Author Topic: Trying to load a LSP....help  (Read 5624 times)

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Trying to load a LSP....help
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2005, 08:31:31 AM »
I have not seen where you told me (or anyone else for that matter) I am wrong, you merely stated the obvious, repeating the same old crap that Autodesk spews.
You do this ... put your customization wherever you want, I don't care, I'll put ours where it is supposed tp be according to our standards, it is both efficient and simple to maintain.

I stand by my original assertion that ANY lisp routines required by a specific menu, should be loaded within the MNL for that menu.

One word of advice to you as well, since I was the target of your smart ass remarks, I will not delete your diatribe into oblivion, but rest assured, personal attacks on individuals will not be tolerated on this forum.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Tom Smith

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2005, 10:27:57 AM »
Keith, I apologize for the tone. I agreed right off the bat that the mnl approach seemed a logical approach for the original poster, though he/she didn't exactly mention loading lisps required by the mns, only echoing a message related to it. But if the menu depends on certain functions, then definitely they should be in an mnl.

We initiate all of our customizations via an mnl, because not only our menu but most of our other lisps depend on "library" routines in the mnl. I use Acad.lsp (with acadlspasdoc=0) to do a few things that need doing only once in a session, not in every document -- the "every drawing stuff" being taken care of by the mnl. So at present I don't have a "standards" need for acaddoc.lsp, though I still reserve that for possible standards use, not allowing it to be a "user" file.

You implied, I thought, that (s::starup) is only available in acad.lsp.

Maybe that function deserves a discussion of its own rather than a digression here. What sorts of things might require it, where it mught be defined on startup, etc. The only distinction I know between wrapping a series of statements in an (s::startup) versus putting the same statements inline in a lisp somewhere in the startup process is in when they get evaluated. I've only used the (s::startup) mechanism when I needed stuff done *after* every other thing has been loaded, and that's been an unusual scenario.

For the OP's purposes, for instance, if the version message were included in an (s::startup) defined in the mnl, then that would assure that the message echoed last on the screen, after any other load-up echoes. In our startup process, that wouldn't be the case if it were just a (princ) within the mnl, because several other things load after the mnl, each with their own "loading" echo.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2005, 06:52:25 PM »
Hey, it's not like I need a reply, I'm just a newbie that told you're wrong. I guess that's when it turns boring and you jump on another thread. Cool.

Whaaaa  Whaaaa!! :cry:    Remember this is an AutoCAD forum where we all come to learn......no matter how much you think you know.

Ron

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC