Author Topic: Stretch outside visible area depends on visual style  (Read 3307 times)

dexus

• Newt
Stretch outside visible area depends on visual style
« on: June 01, 2023, 03:40:58 AM »
Hi everyone,

The stretch function is giving me problems when I change the Visual Style of the drawing.
When the selection is off screen, no stretch is preformed at all.
But when I change the visuals style to 2D Wireframe, everything works as expected.
Below a demonstration of the problem.

Is there a way to fix this? Or maybe an autolisp solution to circumvent this (for me) unexpected behavior?

Thanks!

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
Re: Stretch outside visible area depends on visual style
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 05:47:48 AM »
First, off topic :
Why do you have to use "Conceptual" Visual Style when working with 2D entities?
Second :
You have above 100 posts - I suppose you are capable to write such small routine that can overcome this issue...

FYI : Stretching and performing operations out of viewing area was introduced with AutoCAD 2018, so still, if and only if you wrote something, you'll have to have A2018 or above 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024...
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

dexus

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 08:49:44 AM »
Hey ribarm, thanks for your answer.

Who says I'm not going to extrude the 2D entities into solids and therefore working in conceptual.

Depends on how it is solved, if its by changing the visual style or zooming to the object before stretching, probably yes.
But this seems like a bug or hopefully a setting and it would be great if there is a less clunky way of solving it.

I'm using AutoCAD 2015, so it seems like it was sort of introduced before that only when using the 2D Wireframe Visual Style...

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 01:20:35 PM »
I can't say that your *.gif explains all that I suppose was thinking (gif is cut out, so complete viewing area is not presented)... I remember that when A2018 new features came, one of the first things was selecting on double monitors, or single one where you start selecting in one portion, then pan and continue, first viewing is off screen and you still in selection mode... When finished, it was gripped/highlighted all when zoomed out... I suppose the same thing is with stretching, just never tested, so that I could state - bug... Bug was with vla-add3dmesh - @Dominicomaria presented when attempted to create BOX... Bug is when I tested (vlax-curve-getpointatdist) providing distance greater then complete length of curve - ACAD throwed start point instead of nil... Bug is when you set QAFLAGS sys/env variable to 1 and ACAD start to behave strange with commands LAYER,..., so I always say reset it as soon as possible to 0... There is also ACAD 2015 VVC error, when using command functions inside (mapcar '(lambda ( x ) ...) lst), or using command instead command-s in error handler... And also memory problems when ACAD crashes - without any reason, or with something not explainable...
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube