Author Topic: Viewports and viewframes  (Read 1114 times)

AcoCar

• Mosquito
Viewports and viewframes
« on: April 06, 2022, 02:15:21 AM »
Hello everyone,

i have defined many viewframes in my drawing, every signle viewframe is connected to viewport in respective layout. I made few LISPs that create many elements in modelspace around viewframes (coordinates of grid) and now i need a way to transfer those elements to specific layout, i managed to move entities from model to layout but i cannot do it in a way that they maintain relative positioning to viewport as they are positioned in model. Is there any way to do this?

Another way to think about it, is there a way to create stuff in layout, while reading(selecting) from model (through viewport)? this may be stupid question, but i rarely work with this many layouts, so LISPs in this area were not neede til now  :-D

dexus

• Bull Frog
Re: Viewports and viewframes
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 02:30:36 AM »
I think this might be what you are looking for: http://www.lee-mac.com/ms2ps.html

AcoCar

• Mosquito
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 02:49:16 AM »
I think this might be what you are looking for: http://www.lee-mac.com/ms2ps.html

Yeah thank you very much this seem great, but things that i need copied/moved are outside of viewport and also this maintain positioning/rotation from model, and i need to somehow translate objects relative to view....my viewframe in modelspace is randomly rotated, and in layout is nice and straight...i will try to edit this lisp and maybe use something, thank you again! :)

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 03:39:18 AM »
Do you mean like walk down a road that is curvy but layout is always horizontal.

Yep I have that. Ask for more detail.

A man who never made a mistake never made anything

AcoCar

• Mosquito
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2022, 04:24:46 AM »
Do you mean like walk down a road that is curvy but layout is always horizontal.

Yep I have that. Ask for more detail.

No no for this example i have curvy road xx km long, and many viewports alongside, orientation of viewports in modelspace follow road (roughly), but in layout viewports are horizontal, for better visualization.
Here is two pictures for example, picture no1 is in modelspace, i created grid for given viewport and i have writen coordinates of the grid outside of viewport (rotating it parallel to viewport) this is all with few lisps i made, so no leg work here :) , second picture is end result, as you see coordinates of the grid are outside of viewport in layout ex2, i made this example by manually copying coordinates to layout and rotating it to fall in place. But i would like to avoid copy and rotate for hundreds of layouts if that is possible. :/

Of course this is my approach to the problem, if its possible to do it any other way i'm very much open for suggestions