Author Topic: Fibre Laser Brics Cad drawings  (Read 2794 times)

jamest

• Mosquito
Fibre Laser Brics Cad drawings
« on: September 09, 2021, 05:06:00 PM »
I have ordered a new Fibre Laser and looking at Brics Cad to use for the drawings. I don't know CAD at all but will train on it beforehand. Im interested to know if BricsCad or if not if anyone ones of software that will do the following two options. See image.

To give you and idea of what this simple layout is (A) is a metal door with a surrounding frames the gap between must always stay the same
OPT1 - I want to change the height of (A) and by doing so I want (c) to change automatically to fit or vice versa.

OPT2 - I want to change the width of (B) and by doing so I want (A) & (C) o change automatically to fit

Can Brics CAD do this or is there something else I could use for my drawings that will.

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
Re: Fibre Laser Brics Cad drawings
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 06:15:43 PM »
Hi jamest, welcome aboard!

Have a look at the 'stretch' command, it will allow you to select parts of your geometry and stretch/move them all at once. Having 'ortho' or 'polar' set is also very helpful (look them up too).

If you want something a bit more technical look into constraints in BrcsCAD, to get the most out of them you may need at least the Pro version.

hope that help, cheers.
"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
J.R.R. Tolkien