Author Topic: Speed up computation of ALISP routines in AutoCAD or BricsCAD...  (Read 2689 times)

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
I don't know where to post this question and if anyone asked before, so I posted here in CAD General...

It's been very long time from when I bought PC and installed apps... My OS : Windows 10 and CAD softwares : AutoCAD 2018 x64 and BricsCAD V21 x64...
Now imagine I have money to buy whatever I like and on whatever price it is...
So, what would you suggest - what hardware is the best for computational executions of ALISP routines and also software - I suppose that your answer here would be BricsCAD is better that AutoCAD - ?

That's first question, and my second one is similar :
Now imagine I don't have so much money, but I need to know what would be the best option - low price and high performance - ?

Any thoughts are welcomed if you have a time to answer or post your experience...
I actually may not reply to this topic too often as I don't have much experiences about this issues, so bear with me... I thought, if I can polite ask, also someone may find answers also useful...
Thanks, M.R.
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: Speed up computation of ALISP routines in AutoCAD or BricsCAD...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 01:07:08 PM »
AutoCAD only uses one CPU core so go for the highest clock speed. I recently built a computer with a 11700K and it's turbo frequency is 5GHz.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
Re: Speed up computation of ALISP routines in AutoCAD or BricsCAD...
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 09:39:03 PM »
If your talking a new pc/laptop 2 essentials Ram 16Gb as absolute minimum, SSD drive the norm now. Ronjonp clock speed sounds good,  I7 min.  Graphics card can be a hard choice, a non INTEL built in.

Did a google I9 but better was Ryzen 9 5900X. Note start to get into heat problems.

Oh yeah the other problem can you actually buy what you want due to Covid.
A man who never made a mistake never made anything