Author Topic: AutoLISP with Microstation  (Read 9559 times)

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
Re: AutoLISP with Microstation
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2021, 04:06:54 PM »
Can you test, the BabaCad2020 can execute AutoLisp?>
...<snip>

I think Coder said his company will be using Microstation (I do not think they have a choice about the cad platform their company will be using). I believe the question about using Lisp in Microstation was to attempt to keep some of the many custom solutions developed to help speed along the drafting process but as I pointed out before, the user experiences are different so most methods of speeding up drafting tasks in one platform will just not apply in the other platform because of how things are done differently in each.

But thanks for the link; someone reading this thread later may have the option to try other CAD platforms.
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2021, 08:55:43 PM »
As I said before Lisp2c was available to convert lisp to C. There is another as well maybe still out there, the second author had a Lisp for LT but Autodesk did not like that and legally shut it down. I still have lisp2c.exe it but need a old pc to run it on.

So a open source lisp to C could be a good idea.
A man who never made a mistake never made anything

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2021, 03:45:18 PM »
I looked into Lisp2C and it appears to have been just another interpreter (which essentially means it was a "wrapper" that was used within AutoCAD). I'd have to study more but it sounded like a bit of a pain to use.

Converting one language to another is very difficult because of all the little language nuances -i.e. AutoLisp is very sloppy. I made one attempt to generate AutoLisp from a generic/custom language I made up and it was very difficult (and I was beat up with "how about this/that situation?" problems). However we could start to build a an interpreter and mock up tools like a "cross-reference" (counts variables and whatnot) to see how much interest we gain or how useful something like that would be.
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2021, 10:35:30 PM »
No lisp2c.exe program wrote C code it was developed when Autocad 1st introduced "C" coding yes I am that old its in my R12 1992 Customisation manual with ADS examples. Has link to Author etc.

Note is probably 16bit

A man who never made a mistake never made anything