Author Topic: Corridor Target Mapping - Set Width or Offset Target - Same Side as Subassembly  (Read 1218 times)

mewinter

• Mosquito
Hi all!

I've been working on an add in that does subassembly target mapping, and for width or offset targets I need to have functionality that will determine if the target object is on the same side as the subassembly. In the native Target Mapping > Set Width or Offset Target dialog I can see this is done through a "Use Targets On the Same Side As the Subassembly" checkbox, however, I can't find any such property on the SubassemblyTargetInfo wrapper class or even the Subassembly class itself.

Fortunately, the SubassemblyTargetInfo object does directly give me access to set the SubassemblyTargetToOption when I'm setting the target ids, and it updates accordingly when reopening the native dialog. But as for this Same Side as Subassembly functionality, I'm at a bit of loss on where to find it.

I think I can get a subassembly's origin point, and do calculations from the targeted object to the origin point and in that way get the functionality I need to weed out objects that are not on the 'same side' -- but I'd much prefer to access the functionality of this dialog box setting, so if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!