Author Topic: Fill DataGridViewComboBoxColumn throught datatable  (Read 2301 times)

latour_g

• Newt
Fill DataGridViewComboBoxColumn throught datatable
« on: December 09, 2020, 04:55:44 PM »
Hi,

I have a datagridview link to a datatable.
It contains three DataColumn and one DataGridViewComboBoxColumn.  I thought I was doing the right thing when adding data to my datagridview :

Code: [Select]
            System.Data.DataRow row = null;
            row = lyrTable.NewRow();
            row["Nom"] = "test1";
            row["Visibilité"] = "Visi1";
            row["Quantité"] = "1";
            lyrTable.Rows.Add(row);

DataGridViewComboBoxCell dgvcbc = (DataGridViewComboBoxCell)dgvBlocs.Rows[nRow].Cells["Visibilité New"];
            dgvcbc.Items.Clear();
            dgvcbc.Items.Add("visi1");
            dgvcbc.Items.Add("visi2");
            dgvcbc.Items.Add("visi3");

The DataGridViewComboBoxColumn is giving me problem.  At first, I look like it's working, all the data are there.  But if for example I reorder column "Nom", the comboboxcell loose the data that I put in. 

I think I understand why, I'm not adding those data into my datatable.  So my question is How do I add data into my DataGridViewComboBoxCell throught my datatable ?

Thank you !

zero.half

• Mosquito
Re: Fill DataGridViewComboBoxColumn throught datatable
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 03:47:55 AM »
Maybe You could try with DataGridViewComboBoxColumn.Items instead of DataGridViewComboBoxCell.Items?

latour_g

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 04:55:47 PM »
Thanks, I will check that but the content is different from cell to cell so I don't think I can edit throught DataGridViewComboBoxColumn.

zero.half

• Mosquito
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 03:20:02 AM »
Yup, in this scenario it does not make much sense :/

themethodman

• Mosquito
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 09:32:38 PM »
In the code below I've created the combobox in specific columns, and populated with elements on cell click event.

I've used a string list and string array to populate the combobox dropdown list which may be different to your requirements.

I haven't included this in the code, but on form load I use an external XML file to populate a datatable which then used as the datagridview source. I then have a save button which overwrites the original XML file by capturing the datagridview and saving it back to XML.

Using this method, when the row header is clicked to filter/change the order of the dgv, the cell combobox selection and dropdown list elements works fine.

Hopefully there is something there that will set you on the right path.

Code: [Select]

public partial class RuleWindow : Form
    {
        private object item;
        private DataGridViewComboBoxCell combo;

//set item variable to combobox selection text upon selection
        private void ComboBox_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            ComboBox cbx = (ComboBox)sender;
            item = cbx.Text;
        }

//add comboboxes to relevant columns. Populate with relevant elements
        private void datagridview_CellClick(object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
        {
            if ((e.ColumnIndex == datagridview.Columns[0].Index && e.RowIndex > -1) || (e.ColumnIndex == datagridview.Columns[1].Index && e.RowIndex > -1))
            {
                if (combo == null)
                {
                    DataGridViewComboBoxCell combo = new DataGridViewComboBoxCell();

//example of adding string array to comboBox
                    string[] operators = { ">", "<", "≤", "≥", "=" };
                    combo.Items.AddRange(operators);

this.datagridview[e.ColumnIndex, e.RowIndex] = combo;
                }
            }
            else if (e.ColumnIndex == datagridview.Columns[2].Index && e.RowIndex > -1)
            {
                if (combo == null)
                {
                    DataGridViewComboBoxCell combo = new DataGridViewComboBoxCell();

//example of adding list to comboBox (uses external extension method not in this code - replace as required)
                    List<string> layerList = ExtensionMethods.SortedAcadLayerList();
                    combo.Items.AddRange(layerList.ToArray());

this.datagridview[e.ColumnIndex, e.RowIndex] = combo;
                }
            }
        }

private void datagridview_EditingControlShowing(object sender, DataGridViewEditingControlShowingEventArgs e)
        {
            ComboBox combo = e.Control as ComboBox;
            if (combo != null)
            {
                combo.SelectedIndexChanged -= new EventHandler(ComboBox_SelectedIndexChanged);
                combo.SelectedIndexChanged += new EventHandler(ComboBox_SelectedIndexChanged);
            }
        }

private void datagridview_CellValueChanged(object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
        {
            if ((e.ColumnIndex == datagridview.Columns[0].Index && e.RowIndex > -1) ||
                (e.ColumnIndex == datagridview.Columns[1].Index && e.RowIndex > -1) ||
                (e.ColumnIndex == datagridview.Columns[2].Index && e.RowIndex > -1))
            {
                combo = null;
                datagridview[e.ColumnIndex, e.RowIndex] = new DataGridViewTextBoxCell();
                datagridview[e.ColumnIndex, e.RowIndex].Value = item;
            }
        }
    }
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 09:40:13 PM by themethodman »

latour_g

• Newt
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 01:42:10 PM »
Hi,

Sorry I didn't get back to you.  I figure out the problem but thanks anyway for your example.  The problem was that after adding my items in the DataGridViewComboBoxto the combobox, I was binding again my datagridview to the datatable, so it was erasing (or overwriting I should say) my items in the DataGridViewComboBoxColumn.

Thanks again !