Author Topic: Sketchup  (Read 8783 times)

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
Sketchup
« on: November 25, 2020, 09:58:17 AM »
Anyone here using Sketchup 2020 Pro?  The Sketchup forum is useless. There was a post about the exact same problem I'm experiencing.  The question was posted in August! No answers
James Buzbee
Windows 8

Rustabout

• Newt
Re: Sketchup
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 12:12:00 PM »
A bit late to the party here but I need to say that Sketchup's support is complete and total garbage. I type this as my paid subscription has just vanished into thin air.... for the SECOND time. F'ing awful!!

Their 'support' will cheer you on as you figure out the issue on your own. Pathetic.

Some Alternatives: Rhino 3D (expensive upfront but a perpetual license) and Blender (Free?!).

-Gladys-

Re: Sketchup
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 05:14:56 AM »
  Blender is a solid choice for anyone aiming at 3D modeling and animation but it's a bit tough for a beginner as for me (at least it's free and you may find a lot of tutorials and video guides on the web). The great thing about Blender is that it has multiple plugins for third-party software (Artec Studio in my case) and you don't have to worry about problems with importing/exporting different file formats.
  As for SketchUp I've only used the trial version and can't say anything about their tech support. I've heard a lot of good feedback about 3ds max, maybe you should give it a try.