Author Topic: Partial Customization File Locations  (Read 8297 times)

capsochist

• Newt
Partial Customization File Locations
« on: September 22, 2020, 05:04:45 PM »
Hi there,

I am working to setup an enterprise customization file for my firm. I'm deep in the weeds at this point and afraid I am a little lost. Hoping this group can help me get back on track.

Our firm uses Civil 3d (currently in 2020).

I created an enterprise CUI for our firm based on C3D.cuix I then loaded partial customization for our firm's ribbon. I notice now that all the MAP.cuix functionality is missing. I tried using the the transfer tab to bring over the ribbons, but still a good amount of functionality is missing from AutoCAD (specifically the contextual editor tabs which I am unable to transfer).

I don't know how to bake the MAP.cuix and MAPPLANNINGANALYSIS.cuix into the enterprise file since they are pointed to a user specific folder and will come up as unresolved when loaded on any other users computer. Is there a way to tell CAD that it should know how to resolve a user's specific folder location (i.e. C:\Users\Username\appdata\roaming\autodesk\c3d 2020\support\map.cuix) for the partial file? How else can this be accomplished?

I did copy all the cuix files to a shared locationd and moved this location to the top of the support file search path and that works, but this does not seem like a best practice at all..

Please help!

capsochist

• Newt
Re: Partial Customization File Locations
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 05:23:24 PM »
Hi there,

I am working to setup an enterprise customization file for my firm. I'm deep in the weeds at this point and afraid I am a little lost. Hoping this group can help me get back on track.

Our firm uses Civil 3d (currently in 2020).

I created an enterprise CUI for our firm based on C3D.cuix I then loaded partial customization for our firm's ribbon. I notice now that all the MAP.cuix functionality is missing. I tried using the the transfer tab to bring over the ribbons, but still a good amount of functionality is missing from AutoCAD (specifically the contextual editor tabs which I am unable to transfer).

I don't know how to bake the MAP.cuix and MAPPLANNINGANALYSIS.cuix into the enterprise file since they are pointed to a user specific folder and will come up as unresolved when loaded on any other users computer. Is there a way to tell CAD that it should know how to resolve a user's specific folder location (i.e. C:\Users\Username\appdata\roaming\autodesk\c3d 2020\support\map.cuix) for the partial file? How else can this be accomplished?

I did copy all the cuix files to a shared locationd and moved this location to the top of the support file search path and that works, but this does not seem like a best practice at all..

Please help!

Update, looks like in my ACADDOC file I can add a few lines of code to ensure the partial loads correctly.

Code - Auto/Visual Lisp: [Select]
  1. (command "menuload" "acad")