Author Topic: Recommentations for 3rd-party- DTM software for MAP 3D 2018?  (Read 7322 times)

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
Recommentations for 3rd-party- DTM software for MAP 3D 2018?
« on: January 16, 2020, 02:29:21 AM »
Hi

I'm looking around if there are some 3rd-party DTM software which should to the following:

- integrate in Map 3D 2018
- should work in German version (maybe not German menu, but no conflicts with German / international commands)
- basic features of data-import (from points, from 3D poly)
- features for TIN, break lines, slope and height analysis, waterflow
- maybe simple feature to create cross-section

"Construction features" like volume calculation, creating cuts and dams etc. is not necessary.

Peter
Peter

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German (so some technical terms will be badly retranslated to English)
BricsCAD V23

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Re: Recommentations for 3rd-party- DTM software for MAP 3D 2018?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 05:16:18 AM »
I would advice to use Civil 3D that has Map 3D inside.

But if that is not an option, you could take a look at https://www.glamsen.se/CadTools.htm

Freeware and it works quite good.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 02:50:16 AM »
Thanks for reply, @huiz

I suppose that Civil offers the DTM features only in Civil itself. When I want to use Map, then I'm still without DTM features - right?

For cadtools, I will try it.

Peter
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 03:04:36 AM by Peter2 »
Peter

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German (so some technical terms will be badly retranslated to English)
BricsCAD V23

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 05:40:15 AM »
In C3D you can change the workspace from Civil to Map and vv. In both cases you have both Civil functions and Map functions available, only the ribbon is different. Commands via command line are always available.

Best of both worlds ;-)
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 07:39:54 AM »
Not free. but Carlson works nicely with Map 2018, for those who don't currently have a C3D Seat and abhor the idea of rental software.
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 12:16:39 PM »
Not free....
This should not be the main criteria ..

...Carlson works nicely with Map 2018 ....
I see there tons of products and suites. What would be the core of the DTM functions?

Fine weekend!
Peter

BricsCAD V23

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 08:11:46 AM »
I've got the Civil package at home, running with Map3d 2018.  That is all I need to generate TINs, and surfaces.

I can't afford the full Civil suite -- but what I have works for the little bit I still use it for,
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business