Code Red > AutoLISP (Vanilla / Visual)

DCL/LISP to insert block from list

(1/9) > >>

sln8458:
Hi All,

I'm trying to create a dcl dialogue where I can select a button which then displays a list of block available to insert into the current drawing.
In this instance the blocks are 3d cable tray components.

I have created a DCL dialogue, a bit rough and ready, which has 4 columns of buttons + a 5th column for the list.
progress so far:

I am a complete novice here with many questions, but first off-
Is it possible to create a list to display in the final column such that when I select an item in the list and then select OK the item is inserted into the drawing?

Steve

dgorsman:
So you click a button, the list shows specific components, user picks one, and clicking OK prompts the user for an insert point, orientation, etc?  Yes, entirely possible.  Not quite click-click-done, plan it out first before writing any code, but doable.

Lee Mac:
Rather than having four columns of identical buttons, you could have a single column of buttons and a separate set of radio buttons to determine the 'duty' of cable required.

BIGAL:
For me the old fashioned way a picture pick, this is using a menu very simple and slide images of your blocks, autocad does the coding for you, have a look at the image. Want more info just ask.

sln8458:
Hi Guys,

I forgot to mention I use Intellicad.

dgorsman, thanks for that, didn't want to be chasing a lost cause.

LeeMac, I did consider that option, but felt that keeping it simple would allow me to copy/edit the code for the first column accross.

Bigal, yes I have done imagemenus before, also pop menus and toolbars, like this one

and this one

So to my first problem,
Can the righthand column be populated from a text file?
Can you point me to some reading matter where I can learn what I need to know?

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version