Author Topic: AutoCad 2020 - Blocks  (Read 3398 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
AutoCad 2020 - Blocks
« on: September 19, 2019, 07:31:30 AM »
I was wanting to get some feedback with the new 2020 BlocksPalette. What are your thoughts on using this as a block library? (I might have asked this before lol). I currently use a Tool Palette and dragged my blocks on to it. I organized it be tabs with the different blocks.

Anyways, I was curious if it makes sense to change from that setup to this?
Civil3D 2020

Crookedmonk

• Newt
Re: AutoCad 2020 - Blocks
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 04:40:22 PM »
I like it, Wish they added the option to edit a block also. Found that it adds the blocks faster if you set the filter to details.

DanB

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 11:11:14 AM »
Anyone know if it's possible to force the new insert dialog to open to the "current drawing" tab? There tends to be lag time while it populates the other tabs, I'd rather go straight to "current drawing" then decide if I want to use others. My palette appears to open to the last tab used, so I'm thinking it's stored somewhere.

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 11:23:31 AM »
Anyone know what the variables are for it? I was wondering if I can create a button that will open the blocks palette to a certain drawing every time.
Civil3D 2020

Crookedmonk

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 01:41:38 PM »
Try adjusting  blockmrulist I believe it defaults to 50

Here are all of them
Commands and system variables
To support the new Blocks palette functionality in AutoCAD 2020, the following commands and system variables have been added or updated:

New and Changed Commands

BLOCKSPALETTE – Opens the Blocks palette.
BLOCKSPALETTECLOSE - Closes the Blocks Palette.
CLASSICINSERT – Opens the classic Insert dialog box.
INSERT - Starts the BLOCKSPALETTE command except in scripts, which open the legacy INSERT command for script compatibility.
-INSERT - Starts the command line version of the classic INSERT command.
New System Variables

BLOCKMRULIST - Controls the number of blocks displayed in the Recent tab of the Blocks palette.
BLOCKNAVIGATE - Controls the file and blocks that are displayed in the Other Drawing tab of the Blocks palette. Takes effect the next time you start the program.
BLOCKREDEFINEMODE - Controls whether the “Block- Redefine Block” task dialog box is displayed when inserting a block from the Blocks palette with the same name as a block inside the current drawing.
BLOCKSTATE (Read only) – Reports whether the Blocks palette is open or closed.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 01:52:44 PM by Crookedmonk »

Rustabout

• Newt
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 01:55:54 AM »
The only thing I didn't like about the tools palette was that if the later the block was set to didn't exist, it defaulted to creating it with the plot/no plot property set to not plot.

I don't really like the blocks palette popping up in front of me. I usually just use LISP routines to insert blocks. I either memorize my custom commands or use the CUI to stick a button/menu option somewhere convenient.