CAD Forums > CAD General

To model complex object

<< < (2/2)

dgorsman:
Haven't looked at the file yet, but this is sounding more and more like a job for Fusion 360.

Lupo76:

--- Quote from: Master_Shake on August 12, 2019, 09:02:34 AM ---You're already kind of half way there. You just need to convert the mesh into a solid. Check out the command convtosolid.

Unfortuantely, the program which outputted the mesh did a crummy job and I don't there is an easy way to really accomplish what you need quickly.

--- End quote ---

I didn't make this file myself.

I am aware that there are more suitable software for this type of modeling but I need to understand how to model it with AutoCAD or BricsCAD. It doesn't matter that this takes a long time, the important thing is to be able to reach the goal

How can I use AutoCAD/BricsCAD meshes to get a similar compatible model later with ConvToSolid?

ribarm:
You should be able to model almost anything with LOFTing technique and create 3DSOLIDs directly, just be sure you create correct amount of correct cross sections before you apply LOFT on them (of course in correct selection order), or alternatively use guidline curves as well...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version