Author Topic: CAD Training Videos  (Read 4702 times)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
CAD Training Videos
« on: April 03, 2019, 09:55:39 AM »
Anyone here producing CAD Training videos?
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: CAD Training Videos
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 09:58:01 AM »
I have in the past....

Not much of late

Any articular topics you would want to see?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 09:59:58 AM »
A few for internal procedures, nothing publicly distributed.  Done with Autodesk ScreenCast, and linked in from our Sharepoint.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 10:02:17 AM »
Well most of what we do is Civil3D. Short videos on a specific topic would be most helpful.

Check out this guys channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMrvLMUITAImCHMOhX88PYQ ) on photoshop.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 10:04:52 AM »
A few for internal procedures, nothing publicly distributed.  Done with Autodesk ScreenCast, and linked in from our Sharepoint.
That's a great idea! I've never thought about making videos for our SOP's.

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 10:22:31 AM »

This is probably the best, went a similar route but linked to an intranet Wiki page with written instructions to go along with the video. Some people learn better by reading and others watching. Best of both worlds!

alterego

• Newt
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 11:00:21 AM »

This is probably the best, went a similar route but linked to an intranet Wiki page with written instructions to go along with the video. Some people learn better by reading and others watching. Best of both worlds!
That is the way we are headed now. I dont know how its being done, but all our CAD training (and other procedural training) is going onto our portal.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 11:16:49 AM »
I've been doing that lately and response is been good, and doing it on small defined short task, so people can watch a 1 minute or so video whenever they need to for that specific task,
Been using screencast but Autodesk has not fixed a long standing issue of not being able to delete recordings, you basically have to make private and not share with anyone.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 11:37:12 AM »
Perfect timing,  Sent this off to the new group of cad managers who are rolling out updated procedures. 
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 04:35:13 PM »
I've been doing that lately and response is been good, and doing it on small defined short task, so people can watch a 1 minute or so video whenever they need to for that specific task,
Been using screencast but Autodesk has not fixed a long standing issue of not being able to delete recordings, you basically have to make private and not share with anyone.

Unfortunately one of those things you gotta live with, I'm unaware of any other program that will screen record and include the key strokes like Screencast does.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 09:40:56 AM »

Unfortunately one of those things you gotta live with, I'm unaware of any other program that will screen record and include the key strokes like Screencast does.
I think there are others that record keystrokes but I'm pretty sure you mean the ability to recognize AutoCAD commands and mark them, etc...., which I agree is very useful.

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 10:42:25 AM »

I think there are others that record keystrokes but I'm pretty sure you mean the ability to recognize AutoCAD commands and mark them, etc...., which I agree is very useful.

Yup

Willie

• Swamp Rat
  • Going nowhere slowly
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2019, 02:53:06 AM »
Well most of what we do is Civil3D. Short videos on a specific topic would be most helpful.

Check out this guys channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMrvLMUITAImCHMOhX88PYQ ) on photoshop.

It looks like that guy have photoshoped himself.

Here is an Revit example. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjaJieRt6okFy3wwXfuH9MA
Soli Deo Gloria | Qui Audet Adipiscitur
Windows 8  64-bit Enterprise | Civil 3D 2015 and 2016| ArcGIS 10.1
Yogi Berra : "I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous."