Author Topic: Can't work in civil 3d with drawing edited in ACADlt  (Read 2082 times)

yarnstormer

Can't work in civil 3d with drawing edited in ACADlt
« on: April 02, 2019, 12:24:35 PM »
I have a drawing that was originally created by an engineer in civil 3d - don't know what version. I opened the drawing in autocad LT and did a lot of cleanup, added notes etc and readied it for labeling in civil 3d.
Now, civil 3d won't label it. I don't know exactly what the error is that they are getting but they can't label the bearings and distances and are unable to export to dwg to fix the error. I believe the problem is that it contains "objects"

I have offered to try carefully wblocking out the drawing in and recreating it in a new file. Not a huge deal if I copy and paste the title blocks. But, I want to know if there is something I should avoid copying that would create this same problem. It's all linework and text with a few multileaders. No topo or points are needed.
I can't run lisp files in acadLT so if there is some cool lisp that will remove objects I can't use it.

To avoid this happening again, should I have them export it to cad before giving it to me? Or just avoid civil 3d files altogether?? haha

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Can't work in civil 3d with drawing edited in ACADlt
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 01:17:03 PM »
Probably the best workflow would be for them to use EXPORT TO AUTOCAD function
to send files to you

also it might be a version mismatch of civil objects being opened and saved to another version with LT

I would like to see some copy of the file to see if an error message is being displayed/ignored during open with C3D, or durin the save from LT
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

densan

• Mosquito
Re: Can't work in civil 3d with drawing edited in ACADlt
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 01:49:43 PM »
    A few suggestions.
    • Do you know, if there is a Civil 3D object enabler for your version of AutoCAD LT? This will help you handle the "objects" created in Civil 3D.
    • To help stabilize the Civil 3D file, they can try exporting the Civil 3D objects via landxmlout and reimport the landxml file to a new blank drawing.
      Depending on the complexity of the design it can take some time, but it will help bring the file to a safe state.
    • If you have to continue working with C3D files, try attaching the file as an xref and deliver only your changes.
    I hope this can help.